9/27/2005

Ten Stages to a Blogging Relationship (and the real world dating equivalents)

Not wanting to beat a dead horse with this topic. This will be the final installment of the trilogy. At first we discussed the Complexities of Linking. Then we reviewed Blogging Ethics. Finally, we're going over the Ten Stages of a Blogging Relationship and their Real World Equivalents.

1- Lurking Staring from across the room
2- Commenting "Can I buy you a drink?"
3- Commenting in the form of a question (in hopes of advancing to two way conversation) "Can I give you a call sometime?"
4- Poking around in the archives "Tell me about your childhood"
5- Checking out their sidebar links "When do I meet your friends?"
6- Making a reference link to them on your latest post "I want my friends to meet you"
7- Tagging them "I'm sorry. It's Friday. I just assumed we'd be doing something together tonight. Isn't it implied by now?"
8- Emailing them directly "I put your number in my speed dial"
9- Instant Messaging "I was in the neighborhood. I hope it's okay if I just pop in like this"
10- Linking them on your sidebar "Do you mind if I leave my toothbrush at your place?"

Labels:

Comments on "Ten Stages to a Blogging Relationship (and the real world dating equivalents)"

 

Blogger Webmiztris said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 9:57:00 PM) : 

it's the people who link me yet have never commented that I find the creepiest, I think. I even noticed one person who linked to me yet never commented who did a meme and tagged me. I pretended I didn't even know about it. how can she expect me to even know I'm tagged when she never even commented or my blog or let me know that she linked to me? it was just coincidence that I checked out my stats and saw that she linked to me. weird.

 

Blogger Belly said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 10:15:00 PM) : 

I am not sure what to say. I think I might be an easy blogger...is there a support group for that? ;)

And it seems I am slow or not as observant as I initially thought I was - I also like the new picture/avatar (not sure of the correct terminology)

Cheers!

 

Blogger Just Jan said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 10:21:00 PM) : 

I love how you explain yourself..quite a way with words.
(right now it's way past my bedtime and I'm out of words...lol)

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 10:31:00 PM) : 

hey brico, you forgot this one:

"can i cover my wall with a collage of brico pics?"

or

"please put the lotion in the basket"

 

Blogger Margaret said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 11:02:00 PM) : 

LOL...omg...

i linked you first cause i thought you were cool and had something to say... :)

i am not sure my lovers would be ok with me having a toothbrush at your place though...maybe i should rethink having you linked...

*sigh*

peace...

 

Blogger •♥•m•♥• said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 11:39:00 PM) : 

RULES?!?!? We dont need no stinkin rules!!!......(said with cheech marin accent.....) I'm really not ready for someone to place constraints on my blogging behavior! Sagittarians are natorious for exiting stage left when others attempt to place limits, parameters, boundaries on us!!! REBEL with a BLOG and me on my motorcycle is perhaps my new user-name and avatar... put the bong down and pay attention b-man! I WILL NOT BE CONTROLLED!!!!

 

Blogger Cade said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 11:39:00 PM) : 

So far I've done 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 10. But I forgot if I left my toothbrush at your place before you left yours at mine.

 

Blogger ... said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:39:00 AM) : 

i've had a lot of 9's lately - i get home from work and there are random "love your blog!" messages on my desktop. now i feel so slutty! oh who am i kidding - i am slutty. What is the equivilent of i forgot my panties in your car?

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:15:00 AM) : 

oh my god, I'm an e-slut!

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:18:00 AM) : 

To me, step 10 happens around 6 or 7. I think sidebar linking is much less personal than the in-home invasion of email or IM!

 

Blogger katehopeeden said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:44:00 AM) : 

oh my god, I'm an e-slut!
I was thinking the same thing as I read that. :)
lol
~K

 

Blogger Megan said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:46:00 AM) : 

B, is it ok if we just take this slow and see where it goes? If we move too fast I might just get spooked and run away... I guess I just need some space right now. Seriously, it's me, not you.

Although archive poking sounds really fun...

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:08:00 AM) : 

Apparently, I'm an e-slut too. I don't care though .... it's not like I want to go pick out furniture or something with you! ;)

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:50:00 AM) : 

My toothbrush is the PINK one Brico... and in 6 WEEKS when I REPLACE it... it will probably be PURPLE!

 

Blogger jenbeauty said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:30:00 AM) : 

Hi I am Jen and I am a Blog-HO! Dear lord how did this happen??

 

Blogger duff said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:12:00 AM) : 

crap- i seem to be a bit of a blogwhore. i have toothbrushes everywhere.

 

Blogger Erik said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:21:00 PM) : 

Ho crap! I'm at step 7. Does this mean I'm dating you?

 

Blogger Just Jan said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:40:00 PM) : 

after carefully re-reading this list I too fear that I am an e-slut as well. I've done several of these items on this list...oh dear........

 

Blogger Lelly said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:22:00 PM) : 

No way!(in reply to your previous reply on your umm previous post)I need all the flirtin' I can get 'at my age' :-) I see you changed your avatar too. Cool! Was it inspired by mine? ;-)

hesbo??? is that like a male lesbo??

 

Blogger Julie said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:18:00 PM) : 

Man, I thought dating was complicated, now there are all these blogging rules, LOL

 

Blogger kathi said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 11:24:00 PM) : 

Okay, I don't lurk, I don't tag and I don't IM someone I don't know well. So, I'm 7 outta 10, does that make me cyber cheap? :)

I did get 3 TEXT messages on my phone from someone whose name I recognized from their blog I visited and commented on. Creepy. I didn't respond.

 

Blogger Bobby said ... (Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:32:00 AM) : 

So driving by your house to see if I can tell if you're blogging is probably just implied?

I'll stop. I cant afford to buy more filing cabinet space for another restraining order right now.

 

Blogger Mona said ... (Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:34:00 PM) : 

I found you on Lance's site (who I don't know at this point what type of blog-relationship the two of you have) but I have to say, I must be easy. I don't need an introduction or anything to be thrilled if people link to me. I like to get around.

 

Blogger WendyLove said ... (Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:45:00 PM) : 

i wanna poke around in your...

rubyprincess

 

Blogger Stella said ... (Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:45:00 PM) : 

Very clever. I hope I'm not offending anyone by jumping from number to number.

 

Blogger *** said ... (Friday, September 30, 2005 8:05:00 PM) : 

Huh, I never thought of the toothbrush analogy with the sidebar. Wow...that makes things kind of weird. :)

 

Blogger Beth said ... (Wednesday, December 07, 2005 8:43:00 PM) : 

Good God! If that's the way online things are supposed to go, I've been screwing them the fuck up!

 

Blogger oregoncelticlady said ... (Friday, January 27, 2006 1:41:00 PM) : 

I think I did it all in order....sort of..I always feel weird popping in and commenting unless I introduce myself and try to remember how I got there (too much to drink?) *laugh*. I don't care who comes to mine, as long as they behave! (covers up sign that reads "Come to my blog, come to my blog")

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, March 16, 2007 6:46:00 PM) : 

This page is great! The colors you’re using are fantastic and together are amazing. Your page is awesome. Keep it!!!!
Do you want to see something more? Look…
Glass Bongs and Bong featuring Herbal Smoke, water bongs, bongs online head shop, Marijuana Alternative,glass water bongs, Hashish, Ganja, homemade bongs, Smokeshop, cannibis, legal smoking alternatives for herbal highs and aphrodisia. http://www.headshopinternational.com

 

post a comment