9/22/2005

I Don't Think So!

How should I say this? I am not a prude, nor am I a fluzy. I don't give up my dignity, my self esteem or mySELF just to please somebody, just to be accepted or to receive a little extra attention. I would rather 'get close' with noone at all than with the wrong sort. But I will get down with you and intermingle and share and exchange on a deep level if that connection is there. If that vibe is real and tangible. If I feel we are good for eachother then you can count on me to fulfill your needs and desires. But a week doesn't go by anymore where I am not approached and 'hit on' by someone who I'm sure is a great person and is nice in their own right. But they make the move for the 'great deed' way too early for me. I am floored by it really. Flabbergasted and awkward I try to ignore the 'come on'. Don't get me wrong! I'm flattered! Who wouldn't be? But the ultimate of ultimates after one encounter? You've already decided that we are so likeminded that we should go for that right off the bat? What happened to getting to know eachother? With taking our time? Why the rush? Let's just slow down a bit shall we? Honestly, I cannot in good conscience link you to my site after a mere 1 or 2 comments! If you're leaving a little "that's funny, I relate!" on my post once or twice, do you really think that THAT'S going to get me to open up my sidebar to you? You've got another thing coming my friend! Link yourself on your OWN sidebar if you're that desperate. I don't know you from a religious right blogsite. I don't know your political views, your musical tastes, your 'dependability'. I mean, are you going to post everyday? Or do you show up once a week whenever you have some 'time to kill'? How do I know just how many other blogs you've been trying to get linked from this week? Can I be sure that that avatar is really you? Perhaps those posts of yours aren't your own at all. Maybe those cute little comments you leave are well rehearsed and recycled. Maybe you have a whole other blog under a different username that I'm not aware of! Who's is visiting and leaving comments over there? Huh? I don't know. But if you truly appreciate my blog for its content then you will wait around patiently and politely leaving a consistent but not overwhelming amount of nice, poignant comments. And you can disagree, that's fine. You won't lose points for that. But do so respectfully and articulately. Oh, and please don't think you're going to gain any ground by linking me on your sidebar too soon and without asking, that's just creepy and wreaks of desperation. Nobody else on that short linklist of mine got there with a few overcomplimentary comments and a nod of recognition on their blog (well, there was that time when I was drunk and she emailed me a cleavage shot... But that was one time! I've matured since then) and YOU won't 'get there' that way either. If you are who your blog shows you to be, then in time I will grow comfortable with your presence and will open up my sidebar to your site. Until then, just play it cool. Thanks. Visit my site again in a week or so, okay?
p.s. If you really want to show me that you're interested, you'll spend some quality alone time in my archives, not just the latest post. Show an interest in my past for crying out loud. And visit my blogging friends that are already linked on my site. Afterall, they get a say in your 'acceptance' too! I value their oppinions and you would do well to treat them accordingly.

Comments on "I Don't Think So!"

 

Blogger *** said ... (Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:14:00 PM) : 

Oh, Brico. That's funny...I totally relate.

I am still just shocked when I see the lava lamp HNT. And who took the photo anyway? A blogger groupie?

 

Blogger •♥•m•♥• said ... (Thursday, September 22, 2005 10:24:00 PM) : 

so...how come you didnt mention the phone interview, visits to prospective sidebar attendee by your "investigators", the application, blood tests, and "small nomimal processing fees??? Not that I wouldnt do it ALL over again.....because regardless of the nekkid lava man picture below this "sidebar manifesto" ....Its your mind I love B-man.....really..... :) muah.....M

 

Blogger Belly said ... (Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:06:00 PM) : 

I did not realize that there were blood tests and processing fees. Is there a discount from non-commenting lurkers of the non-creepy variety, such as myself?

 

Blogger ... said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 12:23:00 AM) : 

damn i feel the need to cherish my little link now! i wanted it quick, i'll admit - but it was so worth the wait....


kesol - a type or air freshener that smells like that metalic taste you get in the back of your throat

 

Blogger ... said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 5:35:00 AM) : 

1. yes it's too big...damn
2. lefty and i put my blog on a whole new template becuase my old one sucked - so we had to re-do everything
3. the all pink just looked better with the all pinkness of the template.
4. i can't use em both?? ;( i thought i could switchy em up every once and a while - i'm 50% manic and the other half ocd, i need something to play with ;)
5. Do you have the layered capy of em? or did you save it all as one layer?
6. i just really wanted six reasons
7. no hotmail ;( i feel your pain!
8. gee this is getting to be a long list
9. i'm am still just so damn excited you made these things! brico rocks brico rocks brico rocks!

 

Blogger kathi said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 6:29:00 AM) : 

Gee, didn't know there were 'link whores'. Took a look at all your links, and I don't know where you'd find the room for more anyway. Good post though (and I'm not just kissin your ass, or the lava).

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 7:02:00 AM) : 

I would put you on mine... but as I've said before, I don't KNOW HOW..

Jesus... I ride the friggin short bus to the web I SWEAR!

However, I must say, creepy, lurking, perverted or otherwise... I am EXTREMELY impressed with the turn-out to view your HNT pic yesterday Brico!! HOLY CHRISTMAS TREE DUDE!

::smooches::
Mara

 

Blogger jenbeauty said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 7:33:00 AM) : 

Hmmm...I try not to be a link whore...and I usually always ask first before linking. Still getting to know you and your blog.

Anyway just here to kiss up!! LOL

 

Blogger Megan said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 7:46:00 AM) : 

Damn! Why did you have to post this on the day I was going to come out of the bushes and beg for a link!?

I've been reading your blog for a while, but now I feel like a creepy non-commenting stalker. So now I'll let my presense be known and hope you grow comfortable enough with me so I can reach my ultimate goal as a link on your sidebar.

ooh, that sounds hot...

 

Blogger Bobby said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 7:58:00 AM) : 

You are at almost 100 comments for your lava lamp HNT post. (I am sure you know that already, so why am I repeating it? And why am I asking myself questions on your blog? Let's try to move on...)

I was going to participate in HNT, but I don't know if I want that many people visiting, or people begging for linkage.

Who am I kidding, as soon as the digital camera is back from repair, half nekkid posts will be all over my site.

 

Blogger Myssa said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 8:07:00 AM) : 

Hmm..
Well I linked you on my sidebar already, just because I blogroll and that's the easiest way for me to keep track of who all I'm reading (instead of having 30 bookmarks and getting made fun of for being a blog addict, I just have one hidden bookmark of all the blogs I read on a twice-daily basis...)...So I hope you don't mind that.

I also have never asked for linkage back. I figure that if you were interested, you'd do so.

And I try to comment, but manytimes I feel as though you've written your posts well enough that anything I say would not measure up to the post at hand.

Oh and one other rant on the whole sidebar/adding people thing -- Can you believe that some people actually get mad that they've been linked by one of your friends and so you visit them, and leave a comment or two...I've actually known someone who got mad at one of their friends for having linked them and thereby allowing other friends to find them? (If that doesn't make sense, just remember, it's 8am - and I'm not a "before-noon" riser...)

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 8:13:00 AM) : 

::little hand to the forehead::

OH, the drama!

::smirk::

 

Blogger katehopeeden said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 8:40:00 AM) : 

I thought that post was going a totally different direction, lol. I have a tendency to not even bookmark someone unless they have left three or four comments and I enjoy their blog.
I am so lazy about adding people to my sidebar that I only do it once every three or four months.
Screw the guilt, I consider your name on my sidebar my recommendation of your blog. I am certainly not going to link to people I don't even like reading!
It's your sidebar, you link when you are ready :)
I am having flashbacks to a virginity discussion many moons ago, lol.
~K

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 9:18:00 AM) : 

don't tell me brico....stalkers???
.....well that's it, you'll have to hire the banana blograma cowbell mafia to "put the fear of gene in them." as for the lamp, you should know that the different shapes of the lava leave much to be interpreted to your mostly female commenters.

this can cause a littany of lewd comments peppered throughout your post. which leaves me with an important question: where can i get that particular kind of lava lamp??

tlees <--- how the word "trees" sounds with your tongue frozen to a flagpole.

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 9:33:00 AM) : 

dale,
let me see your tax forms for the last 5 years please

kristi,
thanks. we all relate i think.
she wants to remain anonymous

doc,
it was suposed to be more of a play on dating that job interviewing. but i may go somewhere with that at some point too.

hermy,
me tries to be articulatable

belly,
you were already linked sweetheart and you know exactly why!

femi,
i go real slow. dont want to ignore any parts or get to the grand finale too fast... wait, what were we talking about?

femi,
gotchya

kathi,
thanks, there is room for a few more. but the list does need to become more elite. god forbid i should have to start dropping some of you (actually i have dropped a few who never respond back or only post once a month. my fellow bloggers deserve a better list than that from me)
thanks for commenting!! ;)

H20pixie,
you know how to now!
yes, i was too. its alot easier for a girl with a rack to get that many comments than it is for a guy so i was quite pleased. thanks to all for the love!

jenbeauty,
take your time sweetheart. we'll go as slow as you need to to feel comfortable and relaxed. no presure here.

sis b,
heh heh 'bush' heh heh
it does sound hot the way you say it! *takes out little book and put s a tally mark under the name 'sis b'*

bobby,
how about nekkid vomit pics? that would be appropriate!

myssa,
i dont mind that at all. i opperate the exact same way. have several bookmarked waiting to see if they should be moved up to the actual sidebar.
always comment!
the nerve of some people!!

H20pixie,
no beating yourself up over my rants! that goes to all ya all!

katehopeeden,
lets hear more about that virginity thing!! ;)

jam,
hey bro! that was sold at target a few years ago. they dont carry it anymore and it takes the oddest lightbulb in history. only one place in town carries it so i bought 8 and put them in storage.

facsmo <- what you want someone to do when the first fax got cut off half way through

to all: rest assured, this rant applied to NONE of my current regulars or my links. if youve linked me and im not aware of it PLEASE let me know. i dont want to be dissin' nobody nohow!

 

Blogger Myssa said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 9:53:00 AM) : 

Hehe.
On one of my blogs I did a whole rant about commenting on posts (not actually about blog posts, but about picture posts on another site I frequent...but it applies). One of the things that I got on about was "checking back" to see if the person has responded to your comments...I like that you always respond to comments left on your blog (though I haven't checked if you've responded to the 100+ from yesterday though...heh).

I forget where I was headed with this...but uh yeh - morning excuse still applies.

 

Blogger jenbeauty said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 10:51:00 AM) : 

dear god do you realize how sensual your reply to me was?! woo wee

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 12:15:00 PM) : 

I am finding this amusing. B, remember when it was just me and Duff and Doc? ;) But I don't blame them one bit...

I totally get the link thing. I link the people I read I never tell them I link (is that bad?) and I never expect anything in return. People asking for links=annoying!

Enjoy your weekend B, be good!

 

Blogger Erik said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 2:30:00 PM) : 

I was starting to really get a grip on your modest side. When I got to the end of this post, however, I saw that lava lamp picture and it all went out the window!

 

Blogger BUMBLE!!! said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 3:50:00 PM) : 

I guess they just like your lava lamp and want to completely and totally on it...

In the beginning, I linked a lot of the people who commented, but as the list has grown, whittled or whatever, I must admit that thought the commenting and frequent visiting is nice, there really aren't many whose sites are truly interesting day in and day out. I mean, you can't be on all the time, but alas, some people are never on save for the fact that they show cleavage once a week. Not that there's anything wrong with that (-:

Keep the faith. I'd start out the requirements by asking any prospective linker - what is a satori? If they don't know... so it goes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 3:52:00 PM) : 

Hmmmm... Gotcha. I've only been reading blogs for a few weeks, and started writing a couple. The current blog which you will link to from this name is of quite a different tone than this one... so I hate to contaminate what you 've got going. I have to admit that I've sent your link to some of my friends though...

I have been collecting a folder full of blogs that I really like... Duff was the first one I found. Figured I'd wait until I could create a blog more in line with the temperament of your group before I even attempted to link to anyone.

 

Blogger Mellissa said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 4:19:00 PM) : 

Wow,

I was going to link your Blog because it is one of my favorites and I wanted to share it with others...

But now you have made me feel all dirty - fast and loose.

I will just read in private and keep my sidebar to myself.

((sniff))

Ladybug

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 4:59:00 PM) : 

Sniff .... I'm with Mellissa .. although I admit to having already placed you on my sidebar - for ease in getting back to your place ... not for any "other" reason. I expect NOTHING in return. But I too now feel all dirty and loose .. cheap and ... well, like a "blog tart" ... I guess. Sniff sniff ... sniff ...

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 6:04:00 PM) : 

you sexy thang.

and I do mean cerebrally sexy, of course. I would never be so presumptuous.

wait...did I ask to link you? I believe so. Well, I'm asking now: may I link you 3 weeks ago?

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 6:05:00 PM) : 

ps out of curiosity, do you have email-notification so if I comment in the archives you will see it?

 

Blogger Webmiztris said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 6:15:00 PM) : 

what I hate is when someone leaves a comment and ASKS me to link them. that REALLY gets my panties in a bunch. ouch. ;)

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 7:03:00 PM) : 

myssa,
im not going to try to respond to the HNT coments. but my goal for next HNT is to deserve just as many

jenbeauty,
oh i do baby, i do indeed ;)

jenny,
im truly honored. dont hesitate to comment on the old stuff. i like to think its timeless

k,
yes i rememeber, but girlonaglide was first. she still comes by (thanyou!) but rarely comments for some reason anymore. and she is very special to me, she knows why

erik,
im still modest man. that was a wall coming down exercise.

dan,
i have grown more selective too.

just thinking,
duff rocks! and to send someones blog to someone else because you think theyll like it... thats aces man!!

mellissa,
dont ever take my posts too seriously okay? ;)

wendy,
read above

spinner,
*blushes* oops *blushes cerebrally*
if ive commented on your site for months, then you dont need to ask
yes, i have email notification. and what a pain that was on HNT!

webmiz,
YES! its like someone asking you to finish them off orally because you got done too quick. I HATE THAT! why should i be punished cause i won the race? seriously! whos with me?

 

Blogger Myssa said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 7:15:00 PM) : 

I'm going to join in next Thursday for HNT. I've already got the post ready to go, saved in a draft. Hopefully it'll fit in with the others! :)

Oooh "sizbj" is my wv -- heh. I think that's interesting considering we're talking about some nudity here... :)

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 7:18:00 PM) : 

I set up a whole separate email address for blogging, so it doesn't interfere with real life.

Thank you for clarifying the rules.

Shall I post mine now? Heh heh

ps. Hope you retreat a bit on HNT next week, cause I can't compete with you. That was mind-blowing!

 

Blogger WendyLove said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 9:29:00 PM) : 

i really love your sense of humor, brico. i find you so warm, funny and engaging....and you obviously attract the same types of people (hey, i think i just complimented myself!) kisses...

rubyprincess

p.s. do we get to see any other angles of you with the lava lamp? ;)

 

Blogger Just Jan said ... (Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:46:00 AM) : 

breathing a sigh of relief that I asked before linking you to my blog...hehehe....also glad to see that didn't apply to the ones currently on your list.

I have enjoyed several other blogs from visiting yours and it has been all good.

I try to comment and play along daily...right now I'm getting a little tired from my big trip and have to get ready for work...(pouting).

btw...if I was brave enough and had a digi cam..I'd play along with HNT.

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Saturday, September 24, 2005 11:29:00 AM) : 

myssa,
float it my way why dont you so i can preview it for you. just stnadard procedure i assure you.

spinner,
thats a very good idea. i may do that. yes, i would like to see what your version of the rules are
my goal for next HNT is to be just as daring

jagalicious,
you fit right in hon. it those naked pics you emailed me 2 weeks ago, i had to link you for that! ;)

ruby,
well thankyou very much luscious!
p.s. i only put up pics of the angles worth seeing. the rest is only in person ;)

jan,
yes, i like to think that all in the rusty nut arena are quality. we all thankyou
yes, play along!

 

Blogger Myssa said ... (Sunday, September 25, 2005 12:07:00 AM) : 

well...if it's just standard proceedure...

Where do ya want it? ;)

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:24:00 AM) : 

myssa,
send it (them) to bricotrout@hotmail.com
cheers

 

Blogger Myssa said ... (Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:06:00 PM) : 

Shh...okay it's done ;)

 

Blogger wopanese said ... (Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:08:00 PM) : 

I am officially slain. LOL!

Well, I don't expect a link, but I'll be back for more.
And I promise to use a bookmark instead of a link. Really.

Great post. Genius even.

 

Blogger Leesa said ... (Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:02:00 PM) : 

Wow. Interesting post. Now I know the rules.:)

 

Blogger Jayne said ... (Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:48:00 PM) : 

Hi! I just wanted to drop you a line to say I linked to this post in a recent post of mine, as I thought your perspective gave some food for thought on my topic on "linkscaping." I've probably violated many of your rules. . . sorry : )

http://happy.blogs.com/jayne_says/2006/01/linkscaping.html

 

post a comment