9/26/2005

Ten Unspoken Ethics to Blogging (according to Bricotrout)

My recent post "I don't Think So" got alot bigger response than I was expecting. I apparently touched on something. So here I have expanded that subject just a bit.

1- Don't get pissed if someone posts an opinion that you disagree with. Just don't visit that blog anymore *duh*
2- Reply to relevant questions that commenters ask in a timely fashion (they're showing an interest in you, reciprocate)
3- Don't ask to be linked (we covered this)
4- Don't ever do business with a company that conducts in spam commenting (lest ye be a traitor of the worst kind)
5- Don't change your avatar and username in the same week (some of us smoke weed and that's just too damn confusing!)
6- If you know that you're not going to post for a prolonged period ahead of time, let your fanbase/readers know so we don't get worried
7- When emailing a blog buddy directly, include in the correspondence either your blogsite's name or your username (see reason to #5 above)
8- If you're going to disagree with a philosophy or opinion, do so respectfully and maturely (lest ye piss off Webmiztress)
9- If you're going to borrow someone's post idea directly, ask first (except this post, this one is free to the public)
10- Don't tag Bricotrout!

If I missed anything I'm sure my dear readers will politely let me know

Labels:

Comments on "Ten Unspoken Ethics to Blogging (according to Bricotrout)"

 

Blogger Just Jan said ... (Sunday, September 25, 2005 10:45:00 PM) : 

darn...and I was just trying to compile my own list of weird stuff then tag you with it....now I'll have to start from scratch...sheesh

 

Blogger Belly said ... (Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:59:00 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Belly said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 12:00:00 AM) : 

Dammit! And I thought blogging would be easy *sighs* This is getting awfully complicated and I am sure I will be in blog violation at some point or another so I shall humbly apologize in advance for any infractions that may or may nor occur in the future. Does that cover it? ;)

 

Blogger Belly said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 12:02:00 AM) : 

See! I am already running amuck...
(mutters about over zealous comment boxes and such...)

 

Blogger ... said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 2:32:00 AM) : 

aw i never get tagged! I feel so unloved in the blogging world!

 

Blogger Leska McCall said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 2:53:00 AM) : 

Tagging...it's just way too much on-the-spot responsibility.
Lovin' on the list. Wish everyone would read.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 3:56:00 AM) : 

Sweety, you forgot something. Don't have loud obnoxious music set to play automatically. You know I love me some castpost that doesn't count. I'm talking about the videos and music I don't have a choice about, it annoys the fuck out of me.

inikit-a kit you can use to make your outtie and innie!

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 3:57:00 AM) : 

ooh, this made me realize I don't always eanswer questions. I should do that.

Also:

#11. Designate someone to inform the blog in the unlikely event of your accidental demise.

Really! These are the things I lie awake & think about!

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 7:01:00 AM) : 

i got a comment about the weed.....well......uh.......um....i forgot what i was gonna say.....

vxexpda <--- velvet xylophone and extreme pda all in one!!!!!

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 7:45:00 AM) : 

OH I FORGOT ONE!!
11- Do NOT correct Bricotrout's type-o's. If a word is used incorrectly, it would be acceptable to point that out but if I type 'eanswer', it doesn't really need to be brought up. I've already noticed it and am not going back into 'edit' to correct it thankyou.

jan,
think again! ;)

baby addict,
I appreciate the nod but i will pass that onto femi since she just complained that she hadn't been deflowered yet (ha! i contributed to her deflowering!! - take THAT freckles!)

belly,
yes, you're covered for now

femi,
see my comment to baby addict above!

mmc,
if you want others to see it you may post it directly with the appropriate nod. this IS info that should be out there i agree! ;)

k,
yes, that is true. but i just read someones complaint to that very thing and didn't want to copy it.

spinner,
i think you meant to type 'answer' not 'eanswer' just pointing that out ;)
and you are hereby in charge of notifying everyone of my demise. now you can rest easy

jam,
dude! dude! i am so with you on that. there was this one time that i... hey! dont eat ALL the chips man!!!

 

Blogger katehopeeden said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 8:10:00 AM) : 

(some of us smoke weed and that's just too damn confusing!)
lmao
~K

 

Blogger Webmiztris said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 11:29:00 AM) : 

is it bad that I don't know which of my entries you're referring to??

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 11:34:00 AM) : 

kate,
what are you talking about???
*snicker* you said 'a' *snicker*

jenny,
yea! somebody noticed (and likes) the new avatar! *takes out little book and puts down 1 tally mark next to 'jenny'*

webmiz,
half of them!! LOL
youre always complaining about asenine people and their ways (justifiably so of course)
WOW! the word verification was:
wmzsi!!! (webmiz, thats you!)

 

Blogger Cade said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 11:38:00 AM) : 

If those are the code of ethics for Blogger members I'm all set.

I agree with all of them. But sometimes it is fun to razz the weed partakers for no reason.

What? Me? A square? You're just jealous I have all my brain cells. :P

 

Blogger Margaret said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 12:05:00 PM) : 

this list is the shit... :)

love the pics on your sidebar...

peace...

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 12:52:00 PM) : 

I like your new avatar... darling, absolutely darling.

::smooches::
Mara

 

Blogger Blonde said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 2:42:00 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 3:25:00 PM) : 

I'll try to do better. My left side doesn't listen, sometimes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 4:12:00 PM) : 

You've forced me to actually look up avatar in the dictionary, you know.

Clearly I was asleep during that SAT prep course.

I do love the new picture by the way.

 

Blogger Webmiztris said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 4:55:00 PM) : 

lol! got it...

stupid customers really do piss me off!

 

Blogger Margaret said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 4:58:00 PM) : 

thanks for stopping by my little home in blogland... :) and thanks for the permission to also post this list...it is awesome... :) would love your email if you feel like giving it out...

peace...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 5:09:00 PM) : 

ummm.... do these rules apply if no one ever comments on your blog ? ? *scratching head*

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 5:12:00 PM) : 

::does the little laundry freak out dance::
Grrrr... I hate it when I leave something red in with the white..

I have pink running socks people!! PINK!

Oh yeah... and I learned the word 'avatar' from Brico :P

 

Blogger duff said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 5:48:00 PM) : 

wait a minute...you let me tag you.

or was that just a weird dream?

 

Blogger kathi said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 6:00:00 PM) : 

Hey~like the new pic. Seems like a pretty basic and simple set of rules, wonder why it's so hard for so many to follow??

 

Blogger ... said ... (Monday, September 26, 2005 6:46:00 PM) : 

oh oh i'm being tagged! i'm being like pinch tagged! what do i do to complete my deflowering?!

 

Blogger Tiger said ... (Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:10:00 AM) : 

...laughing at #5.

 

Blogger wopanese said ... (Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:11:00 PM) : 

Maybe you should write a collected set of the rules and ethics... I think you've covered all the bases here and in the next post.

Especially like #1 and #5

Anyway to include SPELL-CHECKING in that list? Sorry, the elitist in me is speaking out.

 

post a comment