6/15/2007

WHO DONE GOOD WITH WHAT NOW?

A letter came to me yesterday from the superintendent of Aspen's school. It reads something like this...
Dear Bricotrout (& Aspen's mother),
Your child, Aspen, qualifies for placement into Gifted and Talented classes.

She met 2 of the 3 state regulations which qualifies her (and came damn close to meeting all 3).

According to the letter, once a child is identified and meets qualifications s/he is permanently quailfied and does not have to retest ever.

I don't know yet what this means exactly as far as her being in a different classroom or having a different teacher, etc. I will find that info out on Monday.

This was a very pleasant surprise. All the experience I've had with letters from superintendents say something along the lines of 'Bricotrout has been suspended for the remainder of the school year' or 'Bricotrout has been found to qualify to ride the special bus to and from school from here on out' or 'starting fires in the trashcans at school is a violation of state laws, therefor...'

Anyway, I couldn't be prouder of my little girl.

Harvard law scholarships... here we come!!!