5/30/2007

"I'M ALL OUT OF LOVE; I'M SO LOST WITHOUT YOU!"

Aspen leaves for her mommy's in Phoenix on Monday. She will spend the summer with her and her new sister (and new sister's daddy) until late August, right before school starts.
She will be back for a week or so at least once if not twice during the summer.
I have never spent more than 5 days away from my daughter before. I am looking forward to some relax time but I am pretty aware that I have no idea what I am getting myself into by allowing her to be gone for such a long period. I suspect I will be a complete wreck within 2 weeks and certifiably committable within 15 days.
For Sunday Aspen is making a list of all the things she wants us to do together before she leaves. On the list so far is reading together, snuggling, volunteering at the animal shelter in the AM, kayaking, feeding the turtles, riding bikes and swimming.
Sounds like a grande time to me!
After that... not so much.

Labels: