12/04/2006

MY TEN FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

Talk about a hard list to do! I could have made this 'My Fifty Favorite Holiday Songs' and it still would be incomplete. But since this time of year is all about tradition I will stick with mine and keep it at ten.

  1. Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt
  2. Santa Claus is Coming to Town (live) by Bruce Springsteen
  3. Sleigh Ride by Ella Fitzgerald
  4. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) by Tony Bennett
  5. Mistletoe and Holly by Frank Sinatra
  6. Most Wonderful Time of The Year by Perry Como
  7. Winter Wonderland by Robert Goullete
  8. Let it Snow by Joe Williams
  9. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Barbara Streisand
  10. Do You Hear What I hear? by Andy Williams

I know I know! There's no Mahalia Jackson, Percy Faith, Lena Horn, Diana Ross, Harry Conick Jr., Judy Garland, Mel Torme, Julie Andrews, Nat King Cole, Jim Nabors, Johnny Mathis, Gene Autry, Jackie Wilson or Burl Ives. What do you want me to do? There's no Bing Crosby either for Savior's sake! It's the best I could do under such stringent guidelines!

And so help me, if you're looking for Clay Aiken's version of Silver Bells or Jessica Simspon's rendition of Oh Holy Night... well, enjoy these tunes now because where you're going, songs about Jesus are strictly prohibited!!