12/08/2006

HAPPY EIGHTH BIRTHDAY, ASPEN



Aspen. There is not a moment that goes by that I am not eternally grateful for the gift in my life that is you. You have changed me far more than any school or journey or life experience or teacher ever could have. You are all those things to me and I am blessed beyond words to be taking this journey with you by my side. You can't imagine how proud I am of all that you are, of all who you are becoming. You make being a daddy nothing but pure pleasure.
There have been some enormous changes in our life together over this last year. Changes that you won't fully understand until you're grown. And while some of these changes have not been 'positive' ones, the result has been you and I only getting closer as we grow ever the stronger.
My little girl, rest assured that your daddy is never going anywhere without you.
Ever.
Your daddy loves you! Happy 8th birthday. May your life always be filled with as much joy as it is here when you were only 6 months young.