4/22/2006

A Brief Conversation with an Anonymous Blogger


Today I had a quick convo with a fellow blogger who shall remain nameless. It went something like this...
Me: "Hey Sissy B, it's Brico."
S: "Hey ya"
Me: "I just wanted to check to see if you had received your birthday gift."
(A few weeks ago she mentioned in a post how she had to turn on her flashlight at night to see what time her alarm clock showed. That boggled my mind beyond repair. I won't go into how I dwelled on that one. The therapist says it's time for me to let go and move on. She wouldn't even be happy to know I had brought it up again here. Anyway, I had an extra little alarm clock (the digital kind with red glowing easy-to-read numbers... the kind that EVERYONE has!) sitting around so I packed it up for nameless blogger's birthday gift)
S: "I did and I meant to thank you for that."
Me: "So no more flashlight anymore right?"
S: "Well, um... hopefully soon."
Me: "You haven't used it yet?"
S: "Well, I tried but... um... you see... my headboard has this.... I keep bumping.... I need to construct... it has to be... it's hard to explain. Im working on it."
Me: "???"

Nameless Blogger: Its a clock that measures 3" x 2" x 6"! You plug it in, set the time and place it on any horizontal surface in your room! I'm not sure what headboards, and bumping and constructing things has to do with anything! You have to be the only person in the world who has to devise blueprints before employing the use of a digital alarm clock! Now, I am on strict doctor's orders to not start thinking about why you have to have a a flashlight to see the time at night. I mean, even if there was a blackhole floating in your room (the only scenario I can think of) and it was sucking up the light being emitted from your current clock, the flashlight isn't going to help retreive that light back out of the void! Is it??!!
"Breathe, Brico, breathe. Stay away from the scary place."
Okay, I have to go get some sleep. Where's my meds? I think I need two this time.