2/10/2006

"Shah! As if!"

Ah, the suspense was killing some of you eh? You just couldn't wait for the answer. Some of you even begged for the answer to be texted. Actually I think it would be pretty cool for somebody else to do this same thing. I want to try my hand at it! Anybody? Anybody?
Okay, before revealing the answer let me start off by saying that it is NOT Emimem. I know that must break some of your hearts and offend others. Thankyou to Kalani for coming to my rescue. I think M&M's rep preceedes him a bit and a bit inaccurately. Alot of his songs are negative and all of it is angry. While I discard any music that is negative, anger in music serves its place in limited doses. Case in point: Bob Marley's Exodus. That is an angry tune. But it aint neagtive. In fact it is extremely empowering and motivating. The same goes with alot of M's tunes. He is innovative, particularly with his rhyme schemes. Now I discard almost all rap because it is so full of hatered and disrespect. I find it serves little social constructive purpose. It may be strong on rhythm but generally lacks melody and harmony. M's compostitions break all those generalizations. He's not the only one in his genre of course but I suppose I'll find others in time.


Having said that I'll move on. Here are the artists listed along with a tune of each that is in my ipod...

1- Allanis Morisette (Unsent) *hi bug!, sorry michelle, ale8one, kristy*
2- Bing Crosby (White Christmas) *outstanding insight femi!!!*
3- Carly Simon (You're so Vain) *sorry dale, wendy and summer {damn! i was so close to getting summer's address!}*
4- Charlie Daniel's Band ( ) *congrats to tish, dan, jan and erik!*
5- Duran Duran (Ordinary World) *sorry molly and just thinking*
6- Elvis Presley (In the Ghetto) *M was going for the blacksheep. Im glad you played! ;)*
7- Eminem (Lose Yourself) *babbs, sissy b, jenny, sweet p, melina, katehopeeden, ocl, im sure i didnt convince you but i hope i didnt lose you*
8- Guns & Roses (Sweet Child O' Mine) *good try K and Deb, its the only 'metal' band aside from Metallica that i felt was really talented*
9- Met Torme (The Christmas Song) *your logic was right on track femi but you forgot Mel does holiday tunes too. im still pretty impressed! nice try bug and jax*
10- Stan Getz (Girl from Iponema) *dawn, hes only one of THE jazz masters! right bug? sorry roxi hon*

For those of you who won, email me your mailing address and your favored genre and I'll get you your personally customized CD as soon as I return from my trip.
femi, you get a CD too for such an incredible sleuthing attempt and for recalling that I love classic x-mas tunes.
And thanks to everyone for playing!