1/03/2006

Oh Man Oh Man Oh Man!!!

I'm going to have to insist that while you are reading this post that you press the play button on that castpost above, the one next to the Buddha statue overlooking the sunset from Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia.
Did you press it? Give it a few seconds... Now turn it up... okay, go ahead and start reading.
That sound, dear readers, is Steve Kimock. I wont go into detail about how good he is or anything like that. You can listen and decide for yourself. But I will say that he is now and has been for 5 years my absolute favorite guitarist. His work is the soundtrack to this site. He comes around these parts about once a year. And on January 21st he is back!! As you can see by the ticket I officially have plans that night. If you need me you can find me at the very foot of the stage, high as a kite, earplugs in (I always wear earplugs at indoor shows... I value my hearing... then again what good is having decent hearing if your short term memory is long gone, right dear?) and grinning ear to ear. Anyone want to join me? Let me know ASAP and I'll grab you a ticket. His fanbase is growing so the shows sell out. But he still plays at the small venues and yucks it up with the fans who are diligent enough to stick around until he is done breaking down his own equipment.
Did you catch that? He sets up and breaks down his own stage... THAT'S a true artist!