1/31/2006

Little Bird R.I.P.



Most people who are vegetarians for moral reasons believe that animals have the same rights as human beings to live life free from suffering, torture, and murder. Humans are the only species that practice deliberate torture on eachother and other creatures.
So when I see a scene like what happened in Mexico City yesterday by a bull named Little Bird, I have absolutely no sympathy for the victims.
Since I believe animals have the same rights to be free from torture as humans then when I see a bull being stabbed to death slowly for an hour in front of cheering spectators, to me this is no different than watching an innocent child being stabbed to death slowly in front of cheering spectators.
Little Bird was killed 30 minutes later. Only two people were injured.
Read about it here.