1/05/2006

Dale Pays Up (at last)!

My dear regular readers, it is time!! You have all been so patient. So have I for that matter. But Dale has finally come through! What's that? You have no idea what I'm talking about? Well, let me fill you in...
Three months ago Dale (a fellow CU Buffalo alum yet loathed Oakland Raider fan) proposed a bet on my site. One month before my Denver Broncos met up against his Oakland Raiders (one of the biggest rivalries in pro sports) Dale suggests that if my Broncos don't cover a 4 point spread win that I have to post a picture of me in a suit as well as two 3 ingredient vegetarian recipes. I counter the offer. I offer him and his Raiders a 13 point spread! If my Broncos win by less than 13 points I'll agree to post the pic and recipes. HOWEVER, if the Raders lose by more than 13 points then Dale in turn has to take a picture of himself in a Denver Broncos cheerleader outfit and post it on his site for an HNT submission within a week or two after the game. Well, on Sunday November 13th The Broncos won 31 to 17 (no surprise there on my end whatsoever)... that's a 14 point victory! And now its 2006... thats 2 months later! "Where's Dale's pic?" you ask. "I'm two months older and he has yet to pay up!" you say.
Well good news my friends! The time is at hand! (Fairly) true to his word, Dale has taken a pic and it is currently posted at his site. I say 'fairly' because it's not technically a cheerleader outfit. But I am willing to forego that minor detail because of his sheer enthusiasm and spirit that shines forth in his pose.
Thanks buddy. I'll give you a chance for revenge next season.

If you've gone to his site to see the pic and he hasn't posted it yet, you can see it here too, but please go back to his site and comment there when its time.