12/27/2005

You Know You've 'Made It' When...


Last year I was asked by their tour manager to do a concert poster for the band Soulive. It was my project from start to finish. Even the pics were mine (taken at the Asheville show November 2004). I signed 50 copies and they were sold at the show. It came back to me that it was their fastest selling one they had had up to that point.
I collect concert posters and it was this particular art medium that inspired me into the graphic design field. So I go onto Ebay from time to time and see what new stuff is out there.
Well, it was a few months ago I came across my very own piece up for auction. It was one of the fifty I had signed and it was advertised as such. It was cool to me to see "Soulive Poster signed by artist" up there. I didnt get a chance to see what it went for. But the high bid at the time was $30. It probably closed for not much more than that. I wish I had saved the page or done a screen save of it. Oh well. More to come right?
And if you havent checked out Soulive you need to!! Absolutely stellar mind bending Jazz Funk! At a show like this is where youll see me grinning ear to ear the whole time!