12/26/2005

Viva la Resolution!!!

I think I have never managed to make a New Year's Resolution with real conviction and follow it through. I've vowed in years passed to run a marathon, create a regular workout routine, get a better job, become vegan (im almost there!), etc. But I don't think I have ever stuck to my guns.
This year is different!!! Why? Because I am here and now sharing it with all of you!! I want at any point over the next year for anybody reading this to call me out on it. Ask me in an email or out in the open via comments how I am doing with my resolution. Knowing that I have everybody watching me will help me stick with it. I think one of my strengths is my honesty. I wont lie about it. If I have failed I will humbly say so when asked. Then I will try to start all over again.
Furthermore, I invite anyone else to join me in this endeavor. What good is having a cyber family if they're not going to assist you in growing as a person? Anyone who wants to leave a comment here with their New Year's Resolution out on the table for everyone to see is welcome to join my challenge. Remember: Failure is not in the falling down, its in the not getting back up.
My New Year's Resolution: I will stop chewing ice!
Don't laugh! This is probably the hardest habit I have to break. Anyone else out there who is an ice chewer knows how absolutely next to impossible it is to stop. Place a kitten on my lap I want to pet it, put a frisbee in my hand I have to throw it, shove a breast in my face I need to... well, anyway... put a piece of ice in my mouth and I have no choice but to crunch it. And it is horrific on your teethes enamel!! I have always been an ice chewer and will forever be a recovering one. If there were support groups for such a thing I would be there "Hi, my name is Brico and I am an ice chewer". It is time to stop! I will need all the help I can get on this!!! Wish me luck!
So, who wants to share their resolution? Anyone?