12/14/2005

Ten Interesting Bits I Learned About Duff While Listening to Her on the Radio

Sunday I had to travel to Columbia, SC to do a photoshoot. I contacted my cyber friend Duff to see if she was interested in grabbing lunch. Fortunately for her she had the valid excuse of having to be on the air the entire time I was in town. But I was graciously invited to listen to her on the air. She didn't even make me guess as to what frequency her broadcast is on (104.7). So I asked for her request line phone number so I could give a shout out to her once I was in range of her beautiful voice. She actually refused to give it to me. Instead she promised to announce the number with great frequency on the air during the hours that I would be listening. About 15 miles into my trip 104.7 turned from The 12 Days of X-mas to some Eminem tune. I was in range! And not once during my 90 minutes of listening to really bad music did I hear her give out the number! Instead, when I was done with my shoot I tracked down a phone book. Thank goodness FCC regulations require she announce the call letters every 15 minutes! We had what I think was a fun 10 minutes of chatting (it probably seemed ALOT longer to her). This list is from my many notes I took while driving into town that day.

1- Duff wants a shetland pony for x-mas now that shes figured out one will hold her body weight.
2- Duff wants her tooth whitened.
3- Duff has a small apartment, though it is big enough for a shetland pony.
4- Duff has to play really bad music all day long. (and listen to it too)
5- Duff has a very friendly voice.
6- Duff's phone is busy ALL the time.
7- Duff is proud that she can bat her baby blues and get whatever she wants.
8- Duff gets offended when her radio stalker stops stalking her.
9- Duff gives her s.o. gift cards to Frederick's rather than Best Buy. (clever huh?)
10- Duff never gives out her radio station's phone number when she knows I may be listening.