12/07/2005

Happy 7th Birthday, Little Miss Magic!



A theme song for your special day.
JB sings these words far better than I ever could!

You have been the biggest and most cherished 'event' in my life hands down. You remind me to check on you after you go to sleep every time I tuck you in. Sweetheart, if you only knew how many times I 'check on you' once youve drifted into your dreams... I will never stop checking on you.

There is no way it was seven years ago today that your mother brought you into this world! I remember that moment like no other! And there isn't a highlite or milestone of yours since that I dont recall with tears of joy. Your first smile at me, the first time my mother took you in her arms, the first time I held you in the shower, my first diaper change, your first step, your first laugh, your first inoculation, your first loose tooth, your first birthday, and thousands more. You can now read on your own, cross the cul-de-sac by yourself, pour your own drinks, change the cd's in your stereo, brush your teeth to your timer, put your dishes away, load your games into your computer without help, tie your own shoes and do your own math homework. Youre getting bigger, older and wiser every day. While it may seem a loooooong time away for you, it will only be a blink of the eye for me before other boys will be wanting to take you out to dinner and taking you to the movies. The day will soon come when you will have your own place and I wont be able to 'check on you' as you drift asleep any longer. "Some day youre going to make up your own rhymes, someday youre going to learn how to fly." So forgive me sweetheart if I hold you a little tighter each year until that day comes.

Happy Birthday my dear. I love you, I love you, I love you!

Comments on "Happy 7th Birthday, Little Miss Magic!"

 

post a comment