12/22/2005

8 Seconds of Really Pissed Offedness (followed by a good chuckle)

I was listening to the radio on the way into work this morning as I am want to do. Then on comes one of those jewelry commercials. You know, the generic kind for diamonds in general where a woman with a low sultry in heat kind of voice seductively tells you (in code) how much your lover will rock your world that night if you get her a stone for x-mas? But this one caught my attention. The woman is addressing women rather than men this time. And her pitch includes the line...
"Give him something that tells him that with him you are everything and without him you are less than nothing..."
NO SHIT!!! I almost rear-ended the car in front of me! I slammed on the gas and the brakes at the same time!! "Oh my bloggy peeps (as Binsk calls them) are gonna hear about this!" My brain growls outloud. I am livid yet in disbelief at the same time. I could NOT have heard that right!! The words echo through my brain over and over as time is suspended momentarily.
Then she continues "Nothing says that you would readily marry into his disfunctional family all over again like a..."
"What the hell????" I am officially thinking that Kalani's fear of black holes is now looking completely sane compared to this marketing pitch. "What kind of stone is going to say all this?" My mind is trying to ascertain if I'm really awake or not. This cant be real!
then she finishes her sentence "... like a Hornwall's Honey Baked Ham on your Dinner table this holiday season."
Okay, now THAT was funny!!! And I was ashamed for not having seen that a mile away! I'm in sales and design marketing afterall. I took my feet off the gas and brakes and resumed a steady pace as the smoke begins to clear from the 10 car pile up behind me.
"Yeah, I'm blogging this today! Screw HNT!"