10/18/2005

When Challenged (countdown to humiliation-just a reminder)

One month ago it was revealed that fellow blogger and link on my site (hanging by a thread buddy!) Dale, though a fellow CU alumn and patron of The Sink and Albums on the Hill, is in reality an Oakland Raiders fan. I, on the other hand, am a Broncos fan. For those who arent aware of what exactly this means, it would not be innaccurate to say that that rivalry is right up there in depth and history with the Red Sox Yankees rivalry.
Now that youre sufficiently caught up on our little history, Dale (aka Kodijack) offered a challenge, a dare as it were, a bet in other words. He proposed that on Sunday Nov. 13th when our two teams meet in Oakland, if The Broncos dont cover his 4 point spread that he asked for that I would have to post a pic of me in a two piece suit AND 2 four ingredient vegetarian recipes (do I have that right Dale?). After laughing at the fact that he KNEW he would have to ask for SOME kind of spread I regained composure and thought about what should I ask in return. Hmmm....
I have come up with it. And to really make sure that he doesnt turn the counter challenge down I'm not going to spot him just 4 points. No, I'm going to spot him a full 11 1/2 points!! You heard it right folks. If The Broncos dont beat The Raiders by 12 points or better I will post a pic of myself in a suit and 2 full on veggie recipes on that very Sunday night.
However, when the Broncos DO win by 12 points, Dale will post a pic that very next Thursday on Osbassos HNT site of him in a Bronco cheerleading outfit (youre in Colorado Dale, don't make like you wont be able to find one)!
Theres the counter challenge Dale. We await to hear if you accept! And yes, your face has to be in the pic!
It's On!!

Comments on "When Challenged (countdown to humiliation-just a reminder)"

 

Blogger D said ... (Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:30:00 PM) : 

I look forward to seeing the cheerleader outfit!!!!!

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:14:00 PM) : 

jenny,
ha ha! IM the one who gets to be a smart ass on this site thankyou!
ltlme,
you and me both sister. i was thinking of giving him a full 14 points if the pic would be of him jumping in the air with pom poms

 

Blogger Megan said ... (Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:16:00 PM) : 

He's a pansy if he doesn't accept.

(I was going to use more uncouth language there, but I re-thought it)

 

Blogger katehopeeden said ... (Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:17:00 PM) : 

Sorry Brico, I am hoping that Dale wins... nothing personal.. I would just like to see you in a suit ;)
~K

 

Blogger Just Jan said ... (Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:05:00 AM) : 

lmao..I love it!!!

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:52:00 AM) : 

OMG! THIS is going to be good!! But Brico ... I'm a little confused (don't say it) ... by "two piece" suit, do you mean a three piece suit without the vest, OR ... a two piece bikini suit? Ok, ok, I may not be 'with it', but I need an answer here! I'd love to see you in either/or, but I am rooting for you to win because you're so confident! GO BRONCOS! (ps ... yes, feel free to use that topic as your next RYHI)

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:57:00 AM) : 

YEAH! he accepted!! ITS ON!!! send me your number because there will be phone calls on that day!
(and i meant 2 piece dress suit, not bikini!)

 

Blogger katehopeeden said ... (Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:11:00 AM) : 

Ok, now I am tore between wanting to see you in a suit... and a bikini.
Decisions, decisions...
lol
~K

 

Blogger ... said ... (Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:02:00 PM) : 

i have a lovely little black string bikini if you need to borrow it ;) it's getting cold here anyway - and i think the bludge would be worth it.


(not like it wasn't seen already in the lavalamp)

 

Blogger Myssa said ... (Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:01:00 AM) : 

Oooooh...
Y'all are both braver people than I am. I don't make bets on Broncos games when they are rivalry games - no AFCW bets for me.

Of course I think the raiders demise, yet again, is hilarious. I have several friends who are raider fans -- including one I'm co-admining an afcwest forum with -- and all of them are soooo down on their team and themselves right now. Oh how the 'mighty' have fallen...

Go Broncos - I think so long as we keep winning I'm going to have to include the O&B in my HNT posts..seems to be working for the winning streak! :D

 

Blogger wopanese said ... (Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:50:00 PM) : 

Good luck... so how do you wear a vegetable recipe?

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:18:00 PM) : 

Uh oh dude.... guess we get to see you in that suit after all.

::smooches::
Mara

 

post a comment