10/09/2005

Ten Things not to Say to A Pregnant Woman

This is for you monkey. Congratulations!
And to any other readers who are awaiting the stork's arrival (whether they know it or not).
This is one that the guys should pay special attention to, seriously! Learn from my mistakes, please!

1- Oh, I thought you were just getting fat. Okay, I never really said this one but I wanted to start with the basics
2- So, does this mean you're going to be all pissy now?
3- You're kinda like a big ole swimming pool for infants huh?
4- Nah, you don't look THAT bad.
5- So, NONE of your clothes fit anymore?
6- How come Demi Moore still looked hot when SHE was pregnant?
7- I still love you anyway honey
8- Just 'cause you can't go out and drink why should I be made to suffer too?
9- You get sane again after this is all over right?
10- Yeah, but you still got a mouth!!

Labels:

Comments on "Ten Things not to Say to A Pregnant Woman"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Saturday, October 08, 2005 11:17:00 PM) : 

#8 is the one that always bugged me the most. sigh.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Saturday, October 08, 2005 11:49:00 PM) : 

I won't get pregnant because of #8!

 

Blogger *** said ... (Sunday, October 09, 2005 2:20:00 AM) : 

Hahahaha, you've still got a mouth, hahahaha...that's so funny!

But haven't you ever heard that sex is suppose to be better when the women is pregnant? Hmm, don't care to test that theory again!

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Sunday, October 09, 2005 8:18:00 AM) : 

LMAO! Brico, Brico, Brico!!! WHERE do you come up with this stuff?! How about "When's the last time you saw your toes?" or, "Will I still get a turn with those jugs?", or ... "Oh here honey, I'll just have your drink too - for the health of the baby of course." Ahhh ... the list could go on and on.

 

Blogger Just Jan said ... (Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:23:00 AM) : 

lol@jenny....I was tempted a few times to sock it to my hubby when I was prego.

 

Blogger Megan said ... (Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:28:00 AM) : 

How about "I know you gag at the mere sight of food right now, honey, but what's for dinner?"

Brico, this is a lame comment for my own sinister purposes to see if my new profile pic pops up. It was your suggestion, anyhow. :P

 

Blogger Margaret said ... (Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:55:00 AM) : 

omg...LOL...this is so good... :)

you rock Brico!

peace...

 

Blogger ... said ... (Sunday, October 09, 2005 11:06:00 AM) : 

i would have found this funny had i not been pms-ing - you still have a mouth - that comment just cost Freckle Boy a few blow jobs out of pure man spite.

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Sunday, October 09, 2005 2:42:00 PM) : 

a worse faux paux to make is postpartum and the woman has signifcantly gained weight, her child is about a year-old at this point and you make the mistake of saying "oh! you're having another baby eh?...."

still beating myself over the head with my cowbell over that one!

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Sunday, October 09, 2005 4:01:00 PM) : 

I'm in on the game, I'm in on the game!! I've just been away. Blah. Hope I can get it to you tomorrow because my camera's at work.

And if those are the things that get said while women are pregnant... I don't know if I'm EVER goin there!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sunday, October 09, 2005 4:42:00 PM) : 

How horrible is this...

During my first pregnancy I had to be the one to bring up the fact I still had a mouth! And he wonders what went wrong...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sunday, October 09, 2005 6:44:00 PM) : 

On Friday a 4-year-old walked up to me, patted my stomach and said, "You have a big tummy. Is there a baby in your belly?"

I'll be looking into gyms on Tuesday.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sunday, October 09, 2005 11:19:00 PM) : 

Just cause I am worried your next post will be all about me breaking blogging etiquette I figured I'd let you know I stole your sexy calf tattoo picture to use as a link icon for you on my blog. Yes I still think about licking on your leg. If any of this is a problem let me know.

 

post a comment