10/24/2005

Reason for not Posting Today (and the 29 after that)

A version of this post has been sitting as a 'saved draft' for a couple weeks now. It was the responses to that last 'Raise Your Hand if' that managed to convince me to hit the 'post' button. {thanks for pointing out the obvious to me kalani ;) }
Im going to take a break from my blog for 1 month to sit back and observe how hard that is for me. Hopefully it won't be that difficult and I'll conclude that its safe for me to come back in a much more limited and well balanced way (Osbasso has a good idea with using a timer). My work and social life have suffered a bit because of the amount of time I spend on The Nut and others sites. I fear it's only a matter of time before my reponsibilities as a parent become jaded as well. I look forward to coming back and keeping things in check from there on out. I am also inspired by Jags who mentioned one time that she had similar concerns and made the efforts to successfully correct it just like that. I want to use the push I'm getting from your honest answers from yesterday's question as a catalyst before that inspiration fades. Im going through some stressful stuff with Aspen's mom as of late and have found comfort in your company, but I have to keep my focus on what needs to be done in RL rather than retreating.
I am in touch with several of you now outside the blog world and don't want that to change at all. So feel free to keep up the convos and contact please! Ill keep Aspen's site updated of course and will post for this Halloween HNT since it's already done. Hopefully none of you will ask for your toothbrush back and won't throw out mine. Dale, I will happily post the pic and recipes should the Broncs lose our game in mid November. Duff, would you be so kind as to take over Sentence Saturday? You're a champ! And to all the rest of you, I cherish you! Take care until then! Thanks Friends. ;)

Comments on "Reason for not Posting Today (and the 29 after that)"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 7:08:00 AM) : 

I praise you for your courage and honesty. You know how I feel and struggle with what you have touched on as well. COURAGE over comes FEAR. Bravo!

 

Blogger jenbeauty said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 7:50:00 AM) : 

Aww take care of you and yours first. The blogging world can wait and so can I.

I have had mostly positive things from blogging. I am on the computer too much however, and have felt that taking away from my home life.

Setting priorities and not forgetting what is important to us is essential for living a happy well balanced life. Take this much needed break will give you some perspective.

Good luck and we will see you soon!

Jen

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 7:56:00 AM) : 

::smooches::::smooches::::smooches::::smooches::::smooches::::smooches::smooches:::smooches::::smooches::::smooches::smooches::smooches::
::smooches::smooches::smooches::.................I HAVE TO FIT THEM ALL IN FOR WHILE YOU'RE GONE!!!!

::smooches::
Mara

 

Blogger ... said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 8:00:00 AM) : 

you will be missed doll. i'm ok with you giving up blogging for a bit.... just don't start eating meat.

to follow H2o here are your cyber goodbye kisses
*smack*
you only get one as i generally am only a one man cyber slut ;)

enjoy your time off.

 

Blogger Mellissa said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 8:11:00 AM) : 

Bric,

I will miss you but I so understand the other side of the personal impact of too much mental focus on the "screen" whether you are sitting in front of it or thinking thoughts only to post to it. I have missed dinner conversations and sharing special things about my day because my partner gets so focused on his Blog.

Kudo's, and know that you are a bright spot in our days and the catalyst for much laughter and joy. I look forward to your perpectived return.

Love, hugs, kisses and much respect to you!

Mellissa

 

Blogger lime said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 9:24:00 AM) : 

rats, only recently found yoru blog and i have enjoyed it. i certainly understand your concerns though and commend you for making positives decisions to restore balance. best wishes to you and hope to see the balanced brico when he is up for it.

 

Blogger Just Jan said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 9:42:00 AM) : 

enjoy your time off from here...and you will be missed. I'm sure I can speak for many that stop by here that we'll be checking in to see if you have sneaked a post in now and then.

Take care of Aspen as she has to come first.

Take care and we'll all see you soon.

Jan

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 10:31:00 AM) : 

yyyyyeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh, brico i'm gonna need ya to blog on saturdayyyyyy......oh....and i'm gonna need you to blog on sundayyyyyy tooooooo....we...lost some people and we're trying to play catch up....okayyyyy????

grrrrreat...

 

Blogger daisyduke said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 10:57:00 AM) : 

well, poop for me. great for you! Now that I don't have internet at home, so much of my time has freed up for things I kept promising myself I'd get to...you'll love it.
outta site, man, but not outta mind...
namaste~
d.

 

Blogger Margaret said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 11:50:00 AM) : 

do what ya gotta do...you will be missed... :)

take care of you...take care of Aspen...that is what is more important anyway... :)

see you when you get back...

wishing you -

peace...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 12:41:00 PM) : 

Good for you B. I know I couldn't do it. Where would I vent all my insecurities! But I'm also not turning down the honey's either. ;) C-ya on the flipside.

 

Blogger Osbasso said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 2:15:00 PM) : 

Wimp.

 

Blogger Osbasso said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 2:17:00 PM) : 

Just kidding there. I certainly don't have the self-control to do that right now. But I am limiting myself some. The comments for the "raise your hand" were quite eye-opening. Re-charge, re-prioritize, and come back a better man.

Good luck to ya!

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 2:44:00 PM) : 

It takes a real man to step up and keep his priorities straight. I wish you well and will 'see' you soon. hugs, ~w

 

Blogger Pirate said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 2:49:00 PM) : 

We'll be here waiting.

 

Blogger The Smoking Redhead said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 5:42:00 PM) : 

I am going to miss you, and look forward to your return.

 

Blogger Megan said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 6:07:00 PM) : 

Great decision, Brico, and I hope you learn a lot from all this. If you figure out a surefire way to manage your time and still blog, please share it with us when you get back. Good luck with everything with Aspen and her mother. I know how difficult that can be. I respect your decision, but I will miss you for HNT after Halloween! :)

 

Blogger duff said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 7:39:00 PM) : 

i'd be honored to keep sentence saturday going in your absence....just don't forget to come back, okay?

 

Blogger D said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 8:26:00 PM) : 

I hope this doesn't start a trend where everyone stops blogging for a month. Can't wait till you come back!

 

Blogger Bobby said ... (Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:55:00 AM) : 

i was wondering if people stopped blogging as much around the holidays, when there is so much great material to write about.

comeback sooooonnn.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:19:00 PM) : 

i totally understand.
more so than i realised...i'm giving up alltogether...and i've said this before, but i'm a quitter now.....peace.

 

Blogger Debi said ... (Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:57:00 PM) : 

Take care Bric. Cya when you get back :)

 

Blogger Webmiztris said ... (Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:19:00 AM) : 

i totally understand. sometimes blogging every day starts to feel like a job and then you know it's time to back off a bit...

 

Blogger WendyLove said ... (Thursday, October 27, 2005 1:51:00 PM) : 

I really understand your need for balance and respect the choices you are making to find it. On the other hands....I'll really, really miss you!

rubyprincess

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, October 28, 2005 8:26:00 PM) : 

Oh honey Femi's new header looks fabulous. And I like your new rusty nut. In fact could you find that graphic from the 'front' view and replace the nuts on your header, cause that would look very nice... IMO. Sorry I have been uber busy. I'll do my best to catch up with you later this weekend. Take care ~K

 

Blogger duff said ... (Sunday, October 30, 2005 10:13:00 PM) : 

happy birthday, bricotrout.

i'd share my candy with you, but all that's left are mary janes and that really cheap bubble gum that loses its flavor after 30 seconds of chewing.

it's the thought that ounts, right?

 

Blogger Erik said ... (Monday, October 31, 2005 11:21:00 AM) : 

Happy happy birthday!

 

Blogger Belly said ... (Monday, October 31, 2005 7:49:00 PM) : 

Life is funny, I have also been taking a break or was a break forced on me...who can say. In any event it is proving to be a good time for reflection and all that juicey good stuff.

Hope all settles well with you and you come out smiling and joyous! And Happy Birthday!

Take care.

 

Blogger wopanese said ... (Tuesday, November 01, 2005 4:43:00 PM) : 

Best of luck with the time off. Hope all goes well. And, hey, Happy Thanksgiving!!

 

Blogger Cade said ... (Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:56:00 PM) : 

Tut tut, bad Brico. What a rip-off. I come back and you're on hiatus. *frown*

It's still fun reading your old posts. Your blog on the whole would be totally hard to top.

LOVE Aspen's blog. You two are a great creative duo.

Hopefully your dilemma(s) with her mum will have a cheerful outcome.

All the Best, man.

 

Blogger BUMBLE!!! said ... (Thursday, November 03, 2005 4:56:00 AM) : 

What's with everyone dropping the blog scene - if only for a hiatus? first Jennistar, then the Bronx bombers / babes site guy and now you - What's up with that?!!
Enjoy your month, and let me know if you and Minta still want to come to PA for hiking - in the winter with frozen waterfalls would be really sweet!!

 

Blogger WendyLove said ... (Thursday, November 03, 2005 4:13:00 PM) : 

miss you...rubyprincess

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sunday, November 06, 2005 7:21:00 AM) : 

Hi honey...

I'm too busy.. scratch that... too lazy to email ya so I am saying hello and tell ya when you're not too busy give me a call later later today.

And just so ya know the gay factor increases daily ;)

 

Blogger •♥•m•♥• said ... (Sunday, November 06, 2005 10:16:00 PM) : 

For someone who is "not blogging"....there sure are alot of changes going on around this site!! My little indicator keeps going off on my blog that tells me "something" has been updated ......I KNEW U COULDNT DO IT!......oh..and posting on femi-mommies site??? sneaky....but also against the words of this posting.........U goofball! Just hang it up.....Its too much temptation for U .......hey....are there BA (bloggers anonymous meetings out there)? Perhaps you need to go to one ???? Love ya..mean it !! M

 

Blogger Lelly said ... (Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:10:00 AM) : 

Hey Canyonfish, missing your lovely, flattering comments this HNT!

 

Blogger Stephanie said ... (Friday, November 11, 2005 7:55:00 AM) : 

I was also wondering where you were. I think you have a good point - I don't know if I could stay away a month! Good luck with it and be well! Come say hi when you get back! ;)

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Friday, November 11, 2005 8:36:00 AM) : 

I am counting the days.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, November 11, 2005 12:45:00 PM) : 

ok i feel much better now.

hope to hear from you soon.

be well fine sir. :) xo

 

Blogger Erik said ... (Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:40:00 AM) : 

Has it been a month yet?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Saturday, November 12, 2005 7:19:00 PM) : 

I think this experiment is only serving to reveal how addicted we are to your blog.

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Sunday, November 13, 2005 2:31:00 PM) : 

I NEED MY FIX MAN!!!!

i know you got the goods!!!

....bugs crawling all over me....

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:15:00 AM) : 

When you come back add my new blog link, please. I added yours.

Thanks,

formerly known as jessica's journal

http://swedehartstories.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Just Jan said ... (Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:08:00 PM) : 

this seems like an awfully long 30 days......hope you come back soon...I miss your postings.

 

Blogger duff said ... (Sunday, November 20, 2005 2:47:00 PM) : 

yeah...you are coming back, right? i mean, a month without you has been downright lonely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:03:00 PM) : 

Hahaha I think it would be funny if you stayed gone another week...

Just to watch everyone freak out!


Hope things are going your way today. Been thinkin about ya.

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Tuesday, November 22, 2005 7:14:00 PM) : 

I miss you bad.

I miss you like I missed you before I met you.

 

Blogger Megan said ... (Wednesday, November 23, 2005 12:49:00 PM) : 

Can't wait to see you back up and running! Hope your sabbatical was productive...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wednesday, November 23, 2005 1:56:00 PM) : 

hasn't day 29 passed yet? miss u.

 

Blogger The Smoking Redhead said ... (Wednesday, November 23, 2005 4:08:00 PM) : 

I've missed you!

 

Blogger duff said ... (Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:07:00 PM) : 

is it time? hasn't it been 30 days already?

come on, man, i'm suffering some serious withdrawal over here......

 

Blogger Erik said ... (Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:18:00 PM) : 

Holy cripes! yOU'RE GOIUNG TO BE BACK SO SOON!!

 

post a comment