10/24/2005

Raise Your Hand if...

Raise your hand if you have noticed undesirable effects in your persona as a result of blogging.

Comments on "Raise Your Hand if..."

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:47:00 PM) : 

(for you babbs) *raises hand timidly in corner* perhaps not in my persona but i have seen the act of blogging become an ever growing consumer of my time and start to become a priority over normal interests of mine when it certainly shouldnt. a fine line between therapy and addiction i guess.

 

Blogger Bobby said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:49:00 PM) : 

some of my close friends hate the time I spend on blogging.

And now, when someone says something funny, I will say "That is SO going in my blog!" when I probably would have laughed at someone who said that a year ago.

Other than that....

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:50:00 PM) : 

::raises a hand:: yes, I'm becoming evermore proficient with colorful alliteration since my blogging began.... oh that fateful day.

::smooches::
Mara

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:53:00 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Osbasso said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:54:00 PM) : 

Yep--I've been late for work on a couple of occassions because I was checking "just one more" or being totally oblivious to time (I have installed a small alarm clock app to help out there--if I use it). Fortunately I've got laid back bosses!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:26:00 PM) : 

Good job, Brico. First comment, even. You know how to please me.

Anyway . . . blogging HAS started to eat up a lot of my time. I'm not TOO worried about it quite yet because it's probably good to spend copious amounts of time writing when it's one's secret dream to become, say, a writer. The first time I'm late for work though, it will be time for an intervention.

 

Blogger Sasha said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:56:00 PM) : 

how about this: i showed up for a hearing in court not really late but i totally missed it, and the other lawyer was gloating that his motion was granted 'cause i wasn't there to oppose it? i stayed up late the night before surfing and had a difficult time getting up... :-(

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:02:00 PM) : 

everybody thinks i look like
this guy ----------->

 

Blogger Aisha T. said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:06:00 PM) : 

Wow...I was just thinking the same thing. I was glad to start the blog because I got away from my writing (at least I'm doing SOMETHING) so it's great to have my, ummm, deadline. Then, there is reading other people's blogs, commenting on their blogs, then looking at the commentors' blogs......it's almost a form of v.d.! Of sorts. For the internet. You know, one person has a blog and you catch everyone elses blog because of it. I'm actually doing it now. I caught your blog from Mara's blog.

 

Blogger Mellissa said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:12:00 PM) : 

I don't think I have a problem with balance in this area. I write when I feel moved to do so and read posts and comments when I have time to. I don't make my life wait in order to stare at the computer.

There are only 24 hours each day and I won't get them back.......

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:24:00 PM) : 

I, too, will say , "I am SO blogging this!" to my friends. In the beginning I spent way too much time online but now that work has started back up I am mostly balanced. I do procrastinate, but I always did--now I just do so while writing & reading great stuff!

 

Blogger kathi said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:39:00 PM) : 

Undesirable effects? Not in my life. Perhaps in those around me, but nope, not in mine. Pooh, did this mean I didn't get to raise my hand again? So confusing, or maybe I'm just simple.

 

Blogger ... said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 9:14:00 PM) : 

Freckles says i'm addicted - and maybe i agree - but i spew too much normally - and this is a good means for it - becuase here i can spew the shit i'm too afriad to spew in my real life.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 9:33:00 PM) : 

I have found that it takes too much of my time. It was okay until I started doing it everyday.. Since then it consumes time that I would have been creating in other ways. I am coming to the point where I will need to blog less to keep the rest of my life in balance.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 12:53:00 AM) : 

The only thing I was finding undesirable was the sneaking around. Now that I don't have to do that it's a non issue. And *that* one emotional HNT kinda freaked me out.

Thank goodness I haven't resorted to staying home instead of going out with some hot piece of man flesh to blog... if I ever do that take my internet away. ;)

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 3:50:00 AM) : 

Nope, can't raise my hand here. I don't seem to have any undesirable effects, and I seem to be able to balance my time pretty well. I'm happy.

 

Blogger Just Jan said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 5:36:00 AM) : 

hmmm...I posted a comment here lastnight at midnight when I got home from work and it's gone now.
well, I try this again.

I have found that the only thing undesireable that changed for me was the feeling of not being able to freely type my feelings since all that crap happened when I posted about work in my blog. I'm getting over that now though.

and just like Jenny says...blogging has taken up alot of my time because I'm addicted to this computer and my poor apartment needs a good cleaning...lol

 

Blogger katehopeeden said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 7:37:00 AM) : 

I also don't have any problems with my blogging imposing on my regular life... mostly because my social life was declared dead a long ass time ago, lol. I usually blog at night while my girls are going to sleep so the worse thing I do is stay up a little too late. As to reading other blogs, I practically have a schedule of who's blog I read at what time of the day (like Hot Toddy and Dooce on my lunch break)...
The only time I feel too bad about it is when I don't get a chance to respond to the emails I get from readers...
Of course, on the flip side, I have been known to completely blow off my blog for a week when I don't have the time or inspiration.
It's a healthy outlet for me and I can't imagine giving it up now.
~K

 

Blogger Tish said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 11:33:00 AM) : 

I've found that blogging has become more important than my job. In fact, my boss pays me to blog! He just doesn't know it yet. Shhhh. hehehe.

 

Blogger katehopeeden said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 3:13:00 PM) : 

I've found that blogging has become more important than my job. In fact, my boss pays me to blog! He just doesn't know it yet. Shhhh. hehehe.
LMFAO!
We are working on setting up a blog for the dealership where I work. I'll be in charge of it... They've been paying me to blog all along, now it's for them too :P
~K

 

Blogger BUMBLE!!! said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 9:10:00 PM) : 

I'm normal as hell and I )(*^Y(%&)%^_ resent the fact that you have the *_*(&&%*%^_(* audacity to ask if my personality is off kilter you &*(%&^$#*(&)^.

Wait, that would probably mean that I do have undesirable traits.

Damn.

 

Blogger *** said ... (Monday, October 24, 2005 9:29:00 PM) : 

I'm think I am sort of happy that my work woes have scared me out of blogging. I was spending way too much time posting one, two or more times a day not to menntion all the hours spent reading and commenting. It's fun, but it shouldn't take up all my free time as well as time I should be spending with my son.

I respect your decision and look forward to random posts upon your return.

 

Blogger wopanese said ... (Tuesday, October 25, 2005 4:00:00 PM) : 

:YEP: I spend too much time blogging and then, like an ubergeek, I keep wanting to tell people about MY blog... as if everyone out there has one. I mean, sure, there are plenty of 'em... but in a bar? Half of these drunk turds don't even know the mouse moves the damned cursor...

 

Blogger Blonde said ... (Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:41:00 PM) : 

My blog drains me because it is my secret double life that my friends and family do not know about. It is exhausting.

You do what you have to do to make you happy.

I took a long weekend off from blogging and honestly, I didn't want to come back to it. I love reading everyone elses but didn't want to continue with my own.

 

Blogger Schadeboy said ... (Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:40:00 AM) : 

I can easily see how blogging can become addicting. You want to write, you want others to read what you write, and you want to not feel like a hypocrite so you read other's blogs, too. It can become quite time consuming.

I, too, want to become a writer. So blogging for me allows me a creative outlet to develop a certain style (if humor columnist can be considered a style). I also want to be a sci-fi novelist. So blogging helps me develop that talent.

I do have to keep it in check, though.

 

Blogger Howard Jenkel said ... (Wednesday, November 09, 2005 8:47:00 PM) : 

I'd raise my hand but somebody always slaps me on the ass and then I continually have a discomforting feeling when I sit down. My persona well...it's not as if I had never beat a man before, just not over ice cream.

 

Blogger Purring said ... (Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:48:00 AM) : 

It's sooo addictive! And yes...it takes up tons of time but it's great fun.

 

Blogger Stephanie said ... (Friday, November 11, 2005 7:56:00 AM) : 

Raises hand, averts eyes & skulks away.

 

Blogger Stephen said ... (Monday, November 21, 2005 5:31:00 PM) : 

there be worse things…

 

post a comment