10/22/2005

Raise Your Hand if...

Raise your hand if you have noticed positive changes in yourself since you began blogging.

Comments on "Raise Your Hand if..."

 

Blogger Megan said ... (Friday, October 21, 2005 8:43:00 PM) : 

Ooh! Me me me! I've become more honest IRL, because I'm facing things on here that I usually try to hide. I've become more open with some of my friends and my bf because of the whole thing. My confidence is growing daily, too. The only downside is, I spend WAY too much time blogging these days.

 

Blogger duff said ... (Friday, October 21, 2005 9:07:00 PM) : 

wait a sec.......it's sentence saturday, isn't it?
what was the word again?

and yes- i'm getting a lot better about keeping track of the day's events. my poor journal's been neglected, though.....

 

Blogger duff said ... (Friday, October 21, 2005 9:09:00 PM) : 

aha- found it. the word was "amowif"

as in,

er....

ah.....

i knew he was cooking dinner as soon as i walked in the front door and caught amowif of something burning.

yematude

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, October 21, 2005 9:21:00 PM) : 

I think that my blog has positively affected me in many ways (that I'm too tired to share now.)

 

Blogger D said ... (Friday, October 21, 2005 9:34:00 PM) : 

heck yeah! where else can i bitch, whine, and complain, and have perfect strangers enjoy every moment of it??

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Friday, October 21, 2005 9:43:00 PM) : 

Oooo Me!!! I have met som MANY cool people and done things i never would have before (HNT tee hee)

and I get to see cool blogs (LIKE YOURS Brico ;))

 

Blogger Leesa said ... (Friday, October 21, 2005 9:52:00 PM) : 

Pick me! Pick me! I definitely have. HNT is a huge change. And just learning how to open up and share.
Met alot of cool people too:)

 

Blogger ... said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 4:26:00 AM) : 

i think i've had a good artistic outlet on HNT.

 

Blogger Mellissa said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:40:00 AM) : 

Hand up and fingers wiggling. I have found a creative outlet for both my serious side and my fun one. Usually they do not co-exist in front of people. The Blog does that for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:42:00 AM) : 

Just like everyone else, my arm is sore. However beyond the power of blogging in our hearts, can we take this to another level as well and say that others are also connected to the positive changes in our writing, our photography, and our expressions. I think if we looked back at our relationships, and look through each other's outlets on the blogs we would see, there is a impact that goes beyond the surface, the iceberg illustration is very fitting. When it is not just about us, and flows through us it is a gift not just for us but for others. Just as the 138lb. man tells us about his heart and life, it inspires others to do the same, just as the most revealing black and white images capture a women's spirit, we too are capturing expression and thoughts and sharing them far beyond the reflection of our words, we are the butterflies in people's lives. Our wings, our words, images, have lift!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:03:00 AM) : 

most definitely and as much as I love it and I do.....I also have been doing it for a year now and just feel, well like i need a change. either a new blog, more serious, not so "crazy mitzzee", although I love humour and silliness and making people laugh...sometimes I'm not laughing and it's hard to keep up that facade...so....not sure how much longer I want to continue....but I do enjoy it and it has made me so many new friends.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:17:00 AM) : 

Mitzzee, it is okay to have more then one blog that has their own theme. I like your appreciation for horror movies and your friends. If you would like to write from a different place you are encouraged to do that. We all have our own faces to our expression. The 'trout man' has his which I enjoy, not just the sentence Saturday but the small insights into being a Father are what attrack me the most. As I am not a Father myself, I get to share in this through him.

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:51:00 AM) : 

i went a good year as a blogger before brico started funnelling his friends over to my place. before that, i could count my regular visitors on one hand.

brico should have his face plastered all over my site as far as i'm concerned!

cheers to you my friend!

 

Blogger jolie said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:37:00 AM) : 

Hand raised high, waving violently in the air a la Hermione Granger!

 

Blogger Webmiztris said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:56:00 AM) : 

it's my outlet to vent, and that's always a good thing!

 

Blogger Osbasso said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:00:00 AM) : 

My arm's tired, not from being up this whole time, but because I raise it, I lower it, I raise it..... There's no question that I have made real friends from blogging, and have met people IRL that I never would have before. I can say things and do things that I normally wouldn't. And quite frankly, HNT has done wonders for my ego!

But I have to temper that with the negative changes, particularly with HNT. It is almost an addiction for me. I go to bed extremely late. I've been accused of obsessing about it to the exclusion of normal everyday conversations. I have made it, and blogging in general, a higher priority than it should be. This is something that I'll be dealing with.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd do it in a second. So overall, yeah, my hand's raised!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:05:00 AM) : 

Osbasso, very revealing and truthfull. Thanks, I now know I am not alone in the consumption of time.

 

Blogger duff said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:30:00 AM) : 

me too.....blogging's to blame for some of my late nights....or at least the last 1-2 hours before bed.

i'm trying to get better about posting early and not even turning the computer on when i get home in the evening.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:45:00 AM) : 

Bric,

Its Bug - I got horschwaggled again today! I know this is your joy in life right now....and of course there is nothing (well almost) that Lance does not post on his website about our lives and this is no exception.....but at least he gave me a "gimme" to make me feel equal!!!

Happy Sat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:51:00 AM) : 

Brico, I notice that once again you haven't participated. Tsk tsk.

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:26:00 AM) : 

okay babbs,
the nut has evolved into an outlet for my smartass tendencies(perhaps youve noticed huh?) my whole life my abrasive and non stop wit has gotten me in trouble at work school and with friends. combine that with ADD (which means i act impulsively and say things before i think) and i have a reputation among friends to never hold back what i feel like saying. but ive found that since i have been posting here i havent the need to be so wise off the cuff when out socializing or while talking to clients and bosses. that is a definate benefit. you all only see (for the most part) that side of me cause thats what i use the nut for mostly. it has allowed me to slow down my thought processes and think before acting/speaking. an unexpected result when i created this.

 

Blogger Margaret said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:03:00 PM) : 

*hand raised*

i have "met" some people that have definitely enhanced my world...and i have been able to get some things out...and deal with them in my own way, but in a place that is safe for me...

peace...

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:46:00 PM) : 

I can raise my hand on this one too, as I have "met" several nice people with whom I now email, chat, and phone. I've been able to create another circle or layer in my life and I like that.

 

Blogger Pirate said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 3:15:00 PM) : 

my final answer is hell yes.

 

Blogger kathi said ... (Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:06:00 PM) : 

Finally, something I can raise my hand to. I've met some great people and made a few friends as well.

 

Blogger Tish said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 12:56:00 AM) : 

I've definitely noticed positive changes in myself. I can write about whatever is on my mind, and all these wonderful people on Blogger have such nice things to say! And not only that, but HNT has made me more willing to show off my body, which I have always been self-conscious about.

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:25:00 PM) : 

My writing has improved and my humor is more sharply tuned.

 

post a comment