10/17/2005

Introducing "Raise Your Hand If..."

If you're a regular to The Rusty Nut then you probably realize that a RNT daily post usually falls into one of a few categories. There's the ever growing in popularity "Aspen Quotes" (it seems my readers just love to see Bricotrout being taken down a notch by a 6 year old blood relative). There's the "True Stories" that I weave up for you all that are indeed true from my recent or long ago past. On Saturday's we can expect the "Sentences" that allow us to be sexually ambiguous in our statements without fear of being shunned. How about the "Reason for not Posting Today" whenever I can't come up with anything else within a 24 hour period. And on occasion there's just a picture or two that I shot 'cause something looked pretty or funny or both. But probably the most popular is the "Ten Things" lists that I throw up on occasion.
Well, last night, at 1:30 am to be specific, something hit me, an idea that I felt was so worthy of not forgetting that I had to pull myself out of bed and write it down. It is "Raise your hand if..." in which I pose a poll like question to you all, in hopes of hearing your response one way or the other on the issue. I like it because I think it can bring out the ways we are all the same that we never really realized. Generally the issue will deal with our main commonality, blogging, but not always. The sad part is that this will probably end up replacing the "Reason for not Posting" category. Why, you tremble in remorse? Because it's easier to come up with a random poll question than a random reason. The nature of this topic will be a shade different than Jenny's Question of the Week. This is more of a "I do or don't and why or why not" nature.
Anyway, here's the first one. Welcome to "Raise Your Hand if..."... and just to break the ice. I'll comment first.

Raise Your Hand if... your significant other doesn't know about your blog.

Comments on "Introducing "Raise Your Hand If...""

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 5:22:00 AM) : 

I don't have a significant other but if that day were to come, then 'no' she wouldn't. She would in all likelyhood not be pleased with all the naked sleeping pics I plan on taking and posting of her. so it'll just be our little secret. shhhhh!

 

Blogger ... said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 6:06:00 AM) : 

MY signifigant other
a. knows about my blog
b. links to my blog through his to allow his friends and family to see me naked
c. does not like HNT and calls it "come see my girlfriend's naked ass on the internet thursday"
d. has a few jealousy issues with some of the boys that either regularly post on my blog or that i regularly post on (smile brico you're included)
e. i sometimes wish he didn't know becuase he gets upset about things - but i wouldn't want to hide anything from him either.

Ya never know brico - perhaps you will find someone who will want her sleeping picutres up on the net (that prgers lady seemed quite into you =)

 

Blogger Megan said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 6:51:00 AM) : 

First the question: Yes, he knows. He didn't at first because I wanted to keep a lot of things private, but then I decided that if he wants to date me, he deserves to see the true me. I'm truer in written word than in RL for the moment. And he, too, gets a little jealous about the boys, and I think Brico is at the top of the list. (Thanks, honey!)

Next, to femmy: Are you talking about me, the not-been-preggers for a good solid 2.5 years now gal? :) Of course I'm into him! Aren't we all?

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 6:53:00 AM) : 

My hub knows I have one, but he's never read it, nor does he seem to have an interest to. I'm glad he doesn't want to see it. I'd rather he didn't, just 'cuz I'd feel .... I dunno. I just don't want him to. I tell him some stuff that I either have posted or read on someone else's, but that's it. I guess if he pushed it, I'd let him read it, but I just hope he doesn't.

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 7:24:00 AM) : 

I would want him to accept every aspect of me so yes... he should know, read and DAMN WELL LOVE IT!

 

Blogger kathi said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 7:43:00 AM) : 

Okay, a question. Yeah, I've got to be difficult. It says to raise your hand IF ... your significant other DOESN'T know. So if he does know, should I not be raising my hand...or posting here? Which, if that is the case, then forget you've read this, because mine does know. But, to be clear, I'm just trying to understand the rules of the game. I know, a lot of people want to turn me over their knee...

 

Blogger Mellissa said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 7:47:00 AM) : 

Hi Bric,

I can't raise my hand on this one....maybe next week I will be sitting at my cyberdesk with my hand raised up really high and going oh oh oh me - me!!

Hope you are doing well!

 

Blogger Just Jan said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 8:20:00 AM) : 

First just let me say this is a pretty cool Idea.

Now I was going to comment like the others have until I read Kathi's comment.....lol...not that I want to turn her over my knee...but I think she has a good point...so
I can't raise my hand on this one either....(unless you bend the rules on how we answer these...lol)

 

Blogger katehopeeden said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 8:43:00 AM) : 

I also don't have a SO... But, if I did, I think reading my blog would be a nice way to get him acquainted with me.
"Oh, you want me to go out with you? Hmmmm, let me write down a link for you. After you've read it, then you can decide whether you STILL want to date me.."
lol
Seriously, I wouldn't have any problem with the guy I was calling my "SO" reading my blog. I'd probably wait to give him my blog address until we had been seeing each other for awhile... wouldn't want him freaking out from the get-go when I am poking fun at him on LOC ;)
~K

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 9:03:00 AM) : 

femi,
its cool freckles, i respect the relationship bro! besides, it sounds like femi is about do for a stable guy like yourself for a while dont you think?
sis b,
youre taken? WTF! ;)
wendy,
youre married? WTF!
H20pixie,
there IS a him? WTF!
mellissa,
let us know anyway!
jan,
glad you like it. let us know anyway!
jenny,
what was the point of creating a new blog if you went and told him about it right of the bat?
kathi,
there are easier ways to get me to take you over my knee but thats for another day. i kno wthe title is a bit misleading (it was 1:30 in the a.m. for crying out loud) i tried to clear it up a bit in the description but no tgood enough i guess. even if you cant 'raise your hand' i would like to hear that fact and why you cant. so you and anyone else whose significant other does indeed know about your blog, lets hear that too! and this clarification goes for all future RYHi's as well.
kate,
no significant other eh? very interesting! and ive been through your archives, you definately come off better over the phone than in may-dec last year! LOL ;)

 

Blogger Megan said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 9:30:00 AM) : 

I KNEW this was a lame attempt to see which of the RNT girls are taken! I damn near called you out, but I decided to let you have your little fun. I must say, though, it was an elaborate plan and it worked like a charm. Is next week's question going be something about how committed we all our to our SO's, or something about sexual preferences!? ;) Cause if so, I'll see right through it. And then I'll answer.

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 9:44:00 AM) : 

sis b,
LOFL! actually it wasnt. but i like the way you think that i think. im honestly not that clever. btw, how committed are you with your SO?

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 9:50:00 AM) : 

LOL Brico! ... what did I sound 'un'marryable or something?!?! Humph! Now I know you don't read my blog! I think I may be insulted. (of course, you don't seem the type to read the uneventful ramblings of a wife/mother/cook/housekeeper/lover/animal taker carer/catbox scooperer/homeworker helper wither/bills payer/grocery shopper/blah blah blahber.)

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 9:50:00 AM) : 

LMAO Sis B!!

 

Blogger lime said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 10:18:00 AM) : 

my SO knows i blog but has zero interest in it and thinks it is silly, though i don't believe he has the remotest idea what blogging is because he has never taken the time to show one iota of interest

 

Blogger Margaret said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 10:24:00 AM) : 

cant raise my hand on this one...i am in a closed triad...and both of them know about my blog...and both of them read it...and oftentimes, they are looking over my shoulder when i type... :)

great idea Brico...

peace...

WV for today: flgQuen
what are they trying to say????

 

Blogger The Village Idiot said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 11:03:00 AM) : 

Clearly, I can not choose the cup in front of you...no wait...what was the question again?

No She doesnt, and being a luddite she doesnt really care about blogland

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 11:19:00 AM) : 

wendy,
i guess i knew you were married but i have selective memory
lime,
remotest? least remote? i guess it IS remotest, just checking
monkey,
thanks
idiot,
just letting you know i got the princess bride reference. nicely done. clearly.

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 11:43:00 AM) : 

LMAO... I love it! I think Sis B is right... however....::reviews her response for accuracy:: did I say I had an SO? Nope... I was just speaking in generalities. Besides, with my temper, who would have me!

Cute but Psycho... it all evens out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 11:57:00 AM) : 

*hand raised* ...really high even

I like this idea B. See sometimes your good for something. ;) And I am too grumpy today to be be doing anything productive so maybe I'll get that to ya Tuesdayish.

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 12:24:00 PM) : 

jenny,
oops!
H20pixie,
generally speaking: EXCELLENT!!
k,
yes i am arent i! i look forward to it coming together ;)

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 12:37:00 PM) : 

addict,
"there are three parts to our relationship, you, me and we."
I'm a part of your relationship? cool! :P

 

Blogger Mellissa said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 1:02:00 PM) : 

It was so funny that I was over here creeping again when you were creeping over at my house :-)

I noticed you linked me - this so validates me based on that zinger of a post you wrote about easing into a Blogging "relationship"....I feel so - well, just Special....

ha ha!

P.S. Love the new school pic of Aspen!!!!

 

Blogger Blonde said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 1:21:00 PM) : 

My family doesn't know about my blog and never will.

Only my blog friends know about my blog, my other friends never will.

I would never tell a guy about my blog.

So basically, it is my dirty little secret.

GREAT QUESTION! The answers so far are surprising.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 1:33:00 PM) : 

Um can I also be part of the 'we' in Emily's relationship cause that would just be hot.

And B come look at my crotch fruit and tell me she isn't the most fucking fabulous thing you have ever seen. Yes, even better then Aspen. ;)

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 4:07:00 PM) : 

Hand up.

How can I be honest otherwise?

Plus, he's just so new.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 4:26:00 PM) : 

I'm not sure that my significant other is even aware of what a blog is . . .

He doesn't know, and I never plan on telling him. It's my private journal . . . that I share with the rest of the general online public.

 

Blogger Sasha said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 8:05:00 PM) : 

*waving my hand*

what he doesn't know won't hurt him, right? ;-)

 

Blogger Osbasso said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 11:53:00 PM) : 

So whos this "significant other" that everyone's talking about?

 

Blogger Tracey said ... (Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:38:00 PM) : 

I don't have a SO either, but when I do find one...I think I would share my blog with them eventually. Definitely not in the beginning though.

Great question...

 

Blogger duff said ... (Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:06:00 PM) : 

SO knows, reads, and did most of the design. i try to keep him out of my blog, except maybe a passing mention here and there, just because. (there's more to it than that, but too long to explain.)

however, the fact that he reads it has no bearing on what i write.

(and no, bricotrout, it will not stop me from flirting with you shamelessly.....)

 

Blogger Myssa said ... (Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:23:00 AM) : 

My SO knows about most of my blogs...lol...and is even listed as a contributor on some of them. He makes fun of me for the amount of time I spend on various blogs, but has never been jealous of any interaction between my blog guests and myself...

Innnnfaact...One of HIS friends who don't like me very much's boyfriend read my blog, asked his friend what was going on, and he got a call at work from this friend asking why it sounded like he had quit his job, based on something they read in my blog. We're still trying to figure out what they read...Oy ;)

 

post a comment