10/17/2005

"How much are THOSE tickets?!"

This morning while driving to work and listening to the radio I catch a commerical come across the air waves that as a father I know to pay attention to. Its for one of those traveling Disney on Ice shows that comes around about every 1 and a half months where the ticket prices arent too bad but the merchandise within comes with layaway plans. If youre a parent you know exactly what I'm talking about and if youre not youre probably blissfully unaware that such things even exist (I envy you in the second category, I really do!).
This particular tour is called Disney Princesses on Ice. I gather it's some newly contrived joy fest where all the princesses (Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Princess Jasmine, Arriel) live together and giggle and skate around in little costumes and throw pillows at eachother and conserve water by showering... (okay, I'm going off in a different direction now,so let me just get back on track). ANYAWAY, the end of the commercial is what really caught my attention. It said, and I quote (no lie now!): "...So come to Disney Princesses on Ice and enjoy the happy endings!"
No shit? Happy endings?! For realzies? Not the Disney I remember as a kid! I'll see you in the Princess Jasmine line!!

Comments on ""How much are THOSE tickets?!""

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 4:05:00 PM) : 

Oooh, it's like Divas Live! And ya gotta love the happy ending. Will Ariel be there? How about Peter Pan, who is really a girl? Seeing that femme give me a heppy ending, too.

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 6:21:00 PM) : 

LOL! Funny what a guy hears, as opposed to what a female hears. I think you should definitely get tix, as Aspen will be thrilled and you will 'enjoy the happy ending'!

 

Blogger fyrchk said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 6:51:00 PM) : 

Maybe you can get a massage too!

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 7:26:00 PM) : 

oh come on! first you teased us with the skating around and giggling, then you kick it up a notch with references to pillow fights and a group shower!!!

what happens next?????? something involving oil? snow white accidently stumbles upon someone's "toy" collection and decides to "see what they can do."

dammit! this has been one big tease-fest!

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 8:36:00 PM) : 

86er,
what part of HAPPY ENDING dont you understand?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 9:09:00 PM) : 

I have to say i'm soooooooo glad i have a son.. and he has an aversion to anything on ice whoohooo.. its all about video games for him.. Im sure if they put ps2 on ice I would have to come up with some type of plan to keep him from hearing about it.

 

Blogger Megan said ... (Monday, October 17, 2005 9:38:00 PM) : 

ok, knitter took my first line, because I was going to say the same thing. Boy, am I glad I have a son. We're gonna go see Thomas the Train Engine next time he's in the area. And somehow, that's just way cooler than POI. Although, if my son is like my brothers... he probably will be into ice skating princesses, if you know what I mean.... ;)

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:44:00 AM) : 

Whooo... HAPPY ENDINGS are the best. Disney's finally getting with the program!

Oh and btw, I am NOT blissfully unaware as I require my bf's to take me to these things. Yup... Disney on Ice is a great show. Haven't seen just the Princesses yet........... but I will, guaranteed. And I'm sure the lucky guy that gets to take me will be JUST THRILLED.

::smooches::
Mara

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:10:00 AM) : 

H20pixie,
'BF'? WTF! he'll be lucky and thrilled if YOU provide the happy ending!
um, wanna join us down here? ;)

 

Blogger Webmiztris said ... (Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:25:00 AM) : 

yowsa! sounds like that show should come with a parental advisory warning! lol...and you just KNOW whomever wrote that commercial did that on purpose to catch the attention of the parents....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:18:00 PM) : 

Disney is evil. Well except for the Hayo Miyazaki movies they distribute but that's it.

 

Blogger melmar said ... (Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:41:00 PM) : 

Proof again that Disney really isn't for kids. If I heard that on the radio I would have had to pull over to stop myself from wetting myself (insert dirty reference of your choice here).

 

Blogger Myssa said ... (Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:05:00 AM) : 

Psst...change new to nude in A whole new world, and you'll have a whole new outlook on the perversity of those that create "Disney" ;)

 

post a comment