9/14/2005

Woe is Me!

Well, my plans for my day off are now shot! I had a beautiful day for myself planned out. Kayak season is nearing an end and I was going to go out by myself and spend half the day on the lake with the new Steve Kimock album. I was going to vacuum and blow dry the dust mites out of my pillows. And I had wanted to make my bi-annual toothbrush purchase (albeit an 'annual' too late). But now those plans are all changed. I will be spending the day at the emergency room. I apparently am suffering from a combination of lack of sleep, high stress, and some kind of rare aural canal parasite (not unlike the one that went into Kirk's brain in that Star Trek movie). I am not experiencing any pain yet but there is an unmistakable symptom that has me very concerned.
When I woke up this morning and turned on CNN, on the screen was Dubya talking about Katrina. And this is what I heard:
"...And to the extent that the federal government didn't fully do it's job right, I take full responsibility."
I know, crazy right? I'm wondering if its even a good idea for me to try to drive. I'm not so familiar with this particular aural parasite that must be working its way through my inner ear canal and inching near my cerebral cortex, so I don't know how much time I have left while I'm still in control of my important bodily functions. Maybe a few hours, maybe only minutes.
Oh how I'd love to hear the same old Dubya up there grinning stoopidly at the podium stammering through how 'Brownie' is doing a "heck of a job" and how "No one could have predicted this scenario".
If I could just hear those words or even words more evasive, bizarre and inconsistent from our Alpha Male, then I would know that tomorrow still has a rainbow for me.
Wish me luck dear readers. I'll need your support.
This parasite is apparently highly reproductive. Please take care of yourselves, if you hear anything of this sort over the next few days where the Federal Govt actually sounds like it's taking responsibility for it's failings, get yourself to the nearest emergicare ASAP!

Comments on "Woe is Me!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wednesday, September 14, 2005 6:48:00 AM) : 

How about you make your way to my hospital and I'll be sure you get extra good care. ;)

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Wednesday, September 14, 2005 7:17:00 AM) : 

oh damn! now hot half nekked honeys are offering to nurse me back to health? Im clearly nearing the end!!
"IM COMING TO SEE YOU ELIZABETH!!"
*clutches heart and stumbles backward*
(ooh, who can name THAT reference?)

 

Blogger Chris said ... (Wednesday, September 14, 2005 7:34:00 AM) : 

Be careful of that parasite. It's reaching epidemic proportions. And I understand one of the final stages is when you think you hear Dubya being humble and THANKING other countries for help, you literally s**t yourself.

 

Blogger Chris said ... (Wednesday, September 14, 2005 8:40:00 AM) : 

Fred Sanford..... YOU DUMMY!

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Wednesday, September 14, 2005 9:16:00 AM) : 

chris,
very good!!

dale,
unless he retracts anything he evr said. if thats the case, then im finishing off the ottle of tyleol pm and ending this thing now!

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Wednesday, September 14, 2005 12:16:00 PM) : 

pat robertson just appeared on TV holding hands with richard simmons!!! are we looking at a pandemic here????

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Wednesday, September 14, 2005 5:50:00 PM) : 

Fred Sanford "you big dummy" ... maybe Grady can calm you down. You know ... most of the media is merely 'hype'. So don't worry, you don't really have a parasite.

 

Blogger BUMBLE!!! said ... (Wednesday, September 14, 2005 8:45:00 PM) : 

I hope you're feeling better soon... gotta be able to take advantage of the best weeks of the year (when the leaves change colors and it's still warm outside and you get to walk, kayak, whatever in the great outdoors (before they get sold to benefit Bush's energy policy, but don't get me started on that) which are really and truly an awesome place to be).

 

Blogger katehopeeden said ... (Thursday, September 22, 2005 8:16:00 PM) : 

I thought I had that parasite once... I heard my boss say "I want to give you a raise." I was afraid for my life... but what he really said was "I won't give you a raise." And once I asked him to clarify and heard the correct phrase, I knew my health was fine ;)

~K

 

post a comment