9/16/2005

Ten Ways I'm Readying Myself to Run a Marathon

1- Listen to "Run Like an Antelope" by Phish each night before bed
2- Drink my weight in orange Gatorade each morning
3- Hourly applications of Shower to Shower talcum powder to prevent chafing
4- Watch ESPN Classic everyday 'till I'm winded
5- Casually peruse the YMCA application sitting on my dining room table at dinner each night
6- Eat at least a few flakes of Wheaties, the breakfast of champions, with my box of Eggo Minnies each morning
7- Make sure new running shoes are in tip top shape and sitting by the front door
8- Hum the theme song to Chariots of Fire while taking the elevator at work
9- Yell "Run Forest run!!" to whomever and whenever its even remotely applicable
10- Applied a giant Nike swoosh decal on the rear window of my Jeep

Labels:

Comments on "Ten Ways I'm Readying Myself to Run a Marathon"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:09:00 PM) : 

Very, um... inspiring? Do you need help with the talcum powder?

When will you realize I have a 'thing' for just about everything... For men, legs and hands are tops. For women give me a beautiful smile and cute feet!

I have the libido of a 17 year old boy, someone sneezing in the next counrty over turns me on.

Off to work for me!

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:22:00 PM) : 

Yeah, you GO, brico!

 

Blogger BUMBLE!!! said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:39:00 PM) : 

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul.

you've gotta walk, kayak or enjoy yourself in the great outdoors, and it's impossible to do that while running or fast treking. have a good 1.

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:28:00 PM) : 

well normally i'd suggest the raw eggs along with a triumphant jog up the steps of the philadelphia museum. but there are 3 major problems with that suggestion:

1. i'm doubtful about your feelings towards eggs, but eggo minis would have to do!

2. you're in north carolina. so you'll have to look for somekind of large comglomeration of steps. any interesting stairs in charlotte or chapel hill?

3. no triumphant rockey music. although, if you have an mp3 player you could enjoy the same montage as rocky. but its not the same!

 

Blogger Webmiztris said ... (Friday, September 16, 2005 8:25:00 AM) : 

hmmm, the only thing that works for me is a gun to the head. ;)

 

Blogger Just Jan said ... (Friday, September 16, 2005 8:45:00 AM) : 

this chick doesn't run unless being chased....hehehe...no marathons or like jogs here. you seem atheltic enough so..(go for it)..hehehe.

 

Blogger *** said ... (Friday, September 16, 2005 10:51:00 AM) : 

OMG! This is just hilarious! I think I will refer to it throughout my crappy work day for a smile.

I tried "Run Forest, Run!" with Nathan recently. He wasn't getting it. I thought it was funny.

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Friday, September 16, 2005 11:40:00 AM) : 

hmmm.... I guess if I were motivating YOU... I would have to tie you behind the car and start driving until you were um.... receiving the encouragement at a pretty good clip.

::laughing::

Thanks for the suggestion to my dilema on my post!!

::smooches::

Mara

 

Blogger ... said ... (Friday, September 16, 2005 12:51:00 PM) : 

woohoo! you're quite the hard working man! I've been told i run like Phoebe on Friends (like a child chasing the wind)... i like this insult ;) and brico - when are you sending me the picture insturctions?! i sent you an email and you just ignored me ;( this hurts the femi-mommy ;(

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Friday, September 16, 2005 2:02:00 PM) : 

k,
*ahCHEW!*

spinning girl,
yeah, you SPIN, girl!

dan,
exactly right! run run run run run run run run run run...

ray ray,
for that massengil freshness feeling of course. what else?

jam,
yes, doing the rocky dance every time i get to the top of my porch is also in my routine

jag,
join me then

jenny,
lets not get crazy now! start off by staring at it a few extra minutes a day first!

webmiz,
yeah, that worked for brandon lee

jan,
aha ha ha! i get it.

kristi,
good to know im being thought of in colorado today

addict,
your daughter's hot. oops, was that off subject? so are you

H20pixie,
only if i get roller blades

femmi,
i love the way phoebe runs. mainly because i can catch her so easily

 

Blogger Pirate said ... (Friday, September 16, 2005 2:10:00 PM) : 

speaking with experience. there is only one way to prepare yourself for a marathon. 60 miles per week of running. No less no more.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Monday, September 19, 2005 11:34:00 AM) : 

The swoosh on your car sounds sporty! Maybe you should drive the marathon...

 

post a comment