9/15/2005

Cowabonga Dude!!

This Morning:
"Hey Miguel, mind if I have a banana?"
"Yeah, go for it!"

Go for it? Now call me old fashioned, call me a stickler, call me overanalytical, but shouldn't the term "Go for it!" be reserved for somewhat more intense scenarios than pulling back the soft peel of a fruit? I mean, I have no problem with it being used when someone is preparing to do a base jump off of El Capitan, or a surgeon contemplating bypassing the main arteree to the hearts 3rd ventrical, or even an NFL coach when its 4th and 3 on the ten. But I gotta draw the line when its used with gusto regarding the consumption of fresh produce. I think I can handle that with a minimal adreniline surge, even after too many rum & cokes the night before. A simple "Sure, help yourself" will suffice.
Don't you think

Comments on "Cowabonga Dude!!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:54:00 AM) : 

A few things...

First the arteree and 3rd ventrical... I don't know if I'd even trust you to do CPR on me. ...though it might be fun

Second maybe Miguel has a zest for life and you're raining on his parade...

Third why are you with Miguel first thing in the morning and not me...

Fourth when are we going to get a picture of this Miguel you always speak of...

Have a great day B, and you owe me one.

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:24:00 AM) : 

i'm not so sure, after all the banana contains ample amounts of potassium that could help assist people to goals such as building a box girder bridge or irrigating the sahara desert to make vast amounts of land cultivatable.

plus, that extra potassium is cowbell gene's main fuel for unstoppable cowbell clangin'. just check out the avatar, he never stops!

 

Blogger Mara said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:42:00 AM) : 

LOL... the first thing that comes to mind is DEFINITLY not a banana.

Anyway, happy HNT ::thinking he should have posted a picture of the 'go-for-it banana'::

 

Blogger Blonde said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:44:00 AM) : 

I like the term "go for it". it is fun and positive!

I like to use it when a hot guy asks me for some action though ;).

Happy Half Naked Thursday!

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:05:00 AM) : 

k,
first i'd MAKE it fun!
second nope
third his house very close to work and bar where many rum & cokes are consumed
fourth his picture is here: http://satoridesigns.blogspot.com/2005/07/wine-fest-aftermath.html
i will do my best, you too... why do i owe you one again?

jam,
a huge kind veggie burrito purchased at a String Cheese Incident concert parking lot i could see using the term for. not a banana

H20pixie,
yea the avatar is back!

miss trustworthy,
um... "want some action?" :P

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:11:00 AM) : 

i would reserve "go for it" for an avacado. i hear that they have even more potassium than bananas and, lets face it, guacamole rules!

 

Blogger Webmiztris said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:21:00 AM) : 

I'm more of a 'go ahead' kind of girl.

 

Blogger ... said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:53:00 AM) : 

as a desperate woman - go for it about a banana works just fine... i've thought about going for it on occasion...

 

Blogger Pirate said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 11:44:00 AM) : 

It depends on the toughness of the peel. Great new look. Its cool and Buffetisque

 

Blogger Just Jan said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:13:00 PM) : 

Now that you've mentioned it...I use the words "go for it" quite a bit. Never gave it thought till now...lol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:23:00 PM) : 

Because of the influence of my last co-teacher, usually my students inquiries of "Ms. Rabbit, can I . . .?" are met with "Rock it."

 

Blogger •♥•m•♥• said ... (Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:12:00 PM) : 

er..... we are talking about fruit still ....right??? Bottom line? It depends on the banana!

 

post a comment