8/22/2005

Ten Reasons I'm No Longer A Teacher

1- Refused to say the Pledge of Allegiance based on 'religious reasons'
2- Kids got tired of my inquiring "So, does your mom ever ask about me?"
3- Kept sending kids to the nurses office during dodgeball games
4- I wasn't allowed to take naps during nap time
5- I kept losing the weekly speling bee
6- I thought it was funny to put tacks on the kids chairs for a change
7- Got caught smoking in the boys' room
8- Bullying kids out of their lunch money
9- Got sent to the principal's office one too many times
10- Kids complained about my always saying "My daughter can do it. Why can't you?"
*that's for you doc*

Labels:

Comments on "Ten Reasons I'm No Longer A Teacher"

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Monday, August 22, 2005 10:28:00 PM) : 

great now i have that song in my head!

CHORUS
Smoking in the boys room
Smoking in the boys room
Teacher don't you fill me
Up with your rules
Everybody knows that
Smoking ain't allowed in school
etc....etc....etc....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:25:00 AM) : 

When my little ones get pissed at me they cry, "I want my Mommy!" and I reply with all the warmth and compassion of a U.S. Marine drill sergeant, "Your Mommy isn't here!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:25:00 AM) : 

2 is such a typical man thing and one that I actually believe happened.

 

Blogger *** said ... (Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:48:00 AM) : 

Awe, that's a bummer, but totally hilarious at that. Were you really a teacher? And if so, what grade and how long did you do it? I know I don't have what it takes to be a teacher of any grade whatsoever.

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:52:00 PM) : 

jam,
i started singing that too. but now im singing it just a tad faster for ol' gene there to keep the beat! lol!!!

rabbit,
im going to use that!

k,
im a smartass hon, not a dumbass. and it was #3 not #2.

kristi,
read your email :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tuesday, August 23, 2005 1:38:00 PM) : 

Yeah? Tell me how that works out for you. (My little bastards kick me.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tuesday, August 23, 2005 1:59:00 PM) : 

B~ If you were my kid's teacher and they came home telling me you asked if I asked about you I would be flattered. Then I’d promptly remove them from that school. ;) And that is so rude to answer Kristi like that. What about the rest of us we are curious too.

 

Blogger bricotrout said ... (Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:37:00 PM) : 

kalani,
sorry about the rudeness. it was a long winded unentertaining answer so i went private. my bad. i was a kindergarten teacher for 4 years. quit after aspen was born for energy reasons. thanks for the interest :)

 

Blogger •♥•m•♥• said ... (Tuesday, August 23, 2005 5:23:00 PM) : 

Tanx an Ocelot,teach......My bro was also a teacher...he taught history for6,7,8. He used to tell me ALL about the MILF's and how he would scheme a Parent-teacher conference to meet them.....LOL

 

Blogger Spinning Girl said ... (Friday, September 23, 2005 11:16:00 PM) : 

tickled!

 

Blogger duff said ... (Tuesday, September 27, 2005 10:39:00 AM) : 

i believe i will soon be able to post a list like this.

*sigh*

 

Blogger katehopeeden said ... (Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:14:00 PM) : 

2- Kids got tired of my inquiring "So, does your mom ever ask about me?"
Oh man. I hope that they don't actually do that... I had been asking my oldest about her teacher... In fact, I think it was mentioned... here.
That would certainly make for an awkward parent/teacher conference. Him asking why I cared whether he was dating anyone or not.
~K

 

post a comment