7/10/2005

Potter's Cabin


a few viewers have asked about the various desaturation and other treatment processes i put some of my shots through. to respond: yes, many of my pics on display are altered in Photoshop CS (a tool i use daily in my graphic design work). this one, for instance, i cropped, increased the contrast then dropped out all colors except for the green. in the photog world there is a heated debate as to the 'fairness' and 'honesty' in such practices. my opinion: certainly there is an art to taking a great shot that needs NO alterations whatsoever. and it is a GREAT photog'er who makes that their art successfully. but philosophically there is no difference between altering a pic to improve it with digital means than what ansel adams did in the dark room. few people consider him to have been deceptive in his art. as for my work, i aint trying to put one over on anyone, enjoy the end result for what it is. and thanks for the interest.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

Comments on "Potter's Cabin"

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:02:00 PM) : 

I love this. And .. green is my most favorite color.

 

post a comment