12/31/2004

H.O.R.D.E. Festival

Sat July 3, 1993 Red Rocks, CO
Blues Traveler, Widespread Panic, Big Head Todd & the Monsters, The Samples, Colonel Bruce Hampton & The Aquuarium Rescue Unit
The first HORDE tour. I actually worked this show the night before as well so there isn't a ticket for that. In fact I had just begun working Red Rocks, McNichols Arena (now gone) and THE ORIGINAL Mile High Stadium (now gone) as a vendor so there are many shows I was at that I never got tickets for so they wont be addressed here I guess.
All the bands performed quite well. This was a new kind of festival for the new hippie-ism that was emerging and the scene was really agreeable unlike a lot of shows from my past where the general concert goer attitude was 'me not you'
An interesting note about this show: A true Blues Traveler fan knows that every 4th of July weekend they play at Red Rocks (except 2 years in a row when Popper was ill and when Bobby Sheehan died). This was the start of that tradition. I've managed to catch about 6 of these over the years and they are always stellar shows. In fact The Air Up Here video is a tribute to their 4th shows and their quality.
This is also where I was introduced to WSP (aka WP) and my journey down that trail is now set in stone!

Comments on "H.O.R.D.E. Festival"

 

post a comment