9/30/2004

Aspen Quote #12

This morning I tell Aspen that we need to take her earings out soon and clean them.
She responds that she doesnt like them being taken out because it hurts.
I inform her that I can do it while she is asleep. Then I get an idea...
"I know!" I say excitedly and deviously "When youre asleep I'll put in earings with spiders on them so when you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror you'll see spiders on you and freak out!"
Aspen crosses her arms angrily "Daaaaaad! you KNOW I dont like jokes like that! Theyre not funny!"
Yet before I have time to react her eyes suddenly widen and her frown turns to a huge smile. She turns to me with the same excitement and enthusiasm in her voice that I had in mine only moments before.
"WAIT! We should do that to Audra!!" knowing full well that Audra has a paralyzing fear of spiders.

Labels: