9/30/2004

Aspen Quote #1

A few nights ago Aspen and I were sitting down to some kind veggie burritos (her favorite) at the dinner table. The conversation went pretty much like this:
"So are you making any new friends in your new class?" I ask (she just started first grade)
"Mmm hmm, Jake and I play sometimes at recess. But I don't like playing with him too much"
"Why not?"
"He's weird"
"You don't like weird people?"
"No, well, I don't like weird boys"
a pause of about 3-4 seconds
She looks up at me reasuringly...
"But I still like you Daddy"

Labels:

Comments on "Aspen Quote #1"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:48:00 AM) : 

Aspen rocks! And you sir are a linking retard.

 

Blogger jamwall said ... (Thursday, September 08, 2005 5:38:00 AM) : 

i can remember back in the day (almost 30 or so years ago) my mom would say "it's 8pm, time for bed!"
i would periodically grab the clock on the wall (which had no protective crystal) and i'd move the clock hands so it read 6:30 or something.

that brilliant strategy never worked.....

 

Blogger Ladyred said ... (Thursday, September 08, 2005 9:01:00 AM) : 

Thought I'd post as I came across your blog. It's piqued my interest so I'll probably be browsing again. Thanks for sharing. Awesome photos, and Aspen's Art is beautiful.

 

Blogger Purring said ... (Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:34:00 PM) : 

I love how children think. Hugs to Aspen.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, September 09, 2005 5:43:00 AM) : 

I'm sure the look on your face was priceless.

By the way, I've got a "Ten Things" post coming this evening.

 

post a comment