12/06/2008

HEY BRICO, WHERE YOU BEEN?

At work!!
But it's all good. I'm on the fast-track to a promotion... the optimistic side of me would think.
My mentor had someone who has more time on the job than me shadow me on Friday to give him pointers.
That would be a good sign, right? And what's more is I kinda like the job. I defininately like the people I work with and the company itself seems fairly dedicated to it's employees.

I'm way ahead in all the marked areas of expectations for someone in my tenure.
But I don't want to get too cocky or sound like I'm blowing my own horn...
Heh heh, hey Kalani! I said 'blow'.

Where else have I been?
Aside from buying X-mas gifts at Sears at 5 in the a.m. on Black Friday, you mean?
Then I have been preparing for Aspen's best-friend (Natalie)'s and step-dad's visit for her B-day.
They flew in from SC on Friday and leave Monday. Today we had Aspen's party at a bowling alley...
And might I take a moment to preach that 'RSVP' means 'Respond So Very Promptly'. And that's whether you plan on coming or not! Party planners need a head count, folks! If you get an invitation that says 'RSVP' then YOU FUCKING RESPOND, people! You pick up your god damned phone and call the number and say 'Thank you, yes we will be delighted to attend.' or 'No, regrettably we will be unable to attend this year."
This is one of my pet-fucking-peaves! there is absolutely no excuse in the world to not be curteous enough to respond to an 'RSVP'.
So Aspen was able to invite 3 friends (other than her best-friend visiting from SC). One was ethical enough to let us know she could make it. The others... never said a word and didn't bother showing up. So, we could have invited 2 others in their absence IF THEY HAD BOTHERED TO CALL!!
There, I'm off my soapbox... until next year, I reckon.
Tomorrow we take our guests on a tour of Garden of the Gods then head up to Denver to Casa Bonita (the restaurant that is cool enough to have a South Park episode based on it).
Fortunately, it snowed 3 inches the day before our guests landed and over the weekend it is 55 degrees.


Perfect.